Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,735   Posts: 190,215   Members: 6,596   Active Members: 265
Welcome to our newest member, josha.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

9 Day Trip to Caye Caulker, Belize fit into an A30?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

9 Day Trip to Caye Caulker, Belize fit into an A30?

Hello All,

So this holiday, my family is going to Caye Caulker for 9 days and I have been wanting to get an A30 and I think it might finally be time to take the plunge, I'm just worried about it all fitting. Currently I have an old Tortuga V2 that I have taken on trips to both Costa Rica and Japan last winter and this past summer, but I really want to try and downsize if possible (A30). I just made my first draft of my packing list so if anyone has recommendations that would be greatly appreciated.

Clothes:
    6 pairs of underwear (5 packed, 1 worn)
    3 bras (2 packed, 1 worn)
    1 pair of socks for the plane
    1 longer dress
    2 shorter dresses
    1 pair of yoga pants
    1 pair of Eddie Bauer capris
    1 pair of running shorts
    1 pair of pants worn on the plan
    1-2 tank tops
    2-3 tshirts (1 worn)
    1 light jacket
    1 chambray button up
    2-3 swimsuits and a sun shirt
    For shoes I will be bringing one pair of sandals that can work for any occasion and Keens water/hiking shoes

Tech:
    phone/cord
    iPad mini/cord
    Kindle Paperwhite
    plug in for charging cords
    headphones

Toiletries:
    These should all fit in the 3D Clear Organizer
    shampoo
    conditioner bar
    soap
    razor w/ extra head
    tweezers
    small brush
    hair ties
    and possibly light makeup w/ just mascara and maybe an eyeshadow

I will also have medication and documents too, but that's pretty much it.
    I have a SK that I will probably take as a personal item and put some of the stuff above in it, but I am debating on getting a MCB to use instead.

Do you guys think that will all fit into a A30 with room for gifts coming back? All ideas are appreciated!
    3DOC,SK,SCB,A30, DLBP

Absolutely! This is why I love the A30. Have an awesome trip it sounds wonderful!

Comment

Agreed--this looks like a great sized packing list for the A30!

What kind of activities will you be doing while there? I might suggest a packable bag to use, either on the beach or for more adventurous pursuits. If the former, a Shop Bag would be perfect. If the latter, I'd suggest a Daylight Backpack. The Halcyon fabric packs small/light, and as a bonus both of these options give you a little extra room for souvenirs on the way home. Sorry to be an enabler LOL

I loved Belize when I visited, and as an aside it was the first big trip I took with my first TB bag (and A45 back before there was an A30).
      "I'm more of a creative problem solver with good taste and a soft spot for logistical nightmares.” ― Maria Semple, Where'd You Go, Bernadette

Comment

I hadn't ever considered the shop bag or the daylight backpack before. How small can they pack? Would it be possible to fold down the bag to a size that I could just slip it into my bag and forget about until I need it or would it take a lot of room?
        3DOC,SK,SCB,A30, DLBP

Comment

Originally posted by MsMoonMoon View Post
          I hadn't ever considered the shop bag or the daylight backpack before. How small can they pack? Would it be possible to fold down the bag to a size that I could just slip it into my bag and forget about until I need it or would it take a lot of room?
          yes! if you fold the DLBP in half, it can go on the bottom of the A30 (under all the other stuff you pack) and you'll forget it's even there.

I've never packed a Shop Bag that way, but I'd guess the small size could lay flat(ish) in the A30, too.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
          "I'm more of a creative problem solver with good taste and a soft spot for logistical nightmares.” ― Maria Semple, Where'd You Go, Bernadette

Comment

Working...
          X