Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,745   Posts: 190,325   Members: 6,606   Active Members: 247
Welcome to our newest member, torova5066.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One family and Two Aeronauts (A45 and A30)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings,
    I haven't been. However, I'll go out on a limb and recommend the Cadbury Factory. The Cadbury chocolate in England tastes WAY better than the Cadbury chocolate you get in America. I absolutely LOVE the English kind. I'm let down by the American kind.

There is a Chocolate Tour you can take in York. I don't recall the actual name of the place. They teach about chocolate history and you get to make a chocolate treat at the end. The chocolatier was wonderful and our guide was very knowledgeable. elisa

Comment

So trip postponed til next year.... no prize for anyone guessing why!

Plus size next year we’ll have a 3.5 year old instead of 2.5 so no nappies! Yey for less packing!

Anyone thoughts on own bags for 3.5 and 5.5 year old?

Comment

Originally posted by Sydneygirl View Post
        So trip postponed til next year.... no prize for anyone guessing why!

Plus size next year we’ll have a 3.5 year old instead of 2.5 so no nappies! Yey for less packing!

Anyone thoughts on own bags for 3.5 and 5.5 year old?
        Last year I took several trips with a 3.5 and 6.5 year old, both wearing Luminary 12s. Clipped a Tile tracker to an O-ring in each one. Each bag is small enough that if I really needed to, I could clip both Luminaries to my backpack by putting a carabiner through all three top handles. The chest and waist straps help guard against carelessness and they have hands free to hold yours. The bags are slim enough that the kids can keep them on during short travel like on a city bus. There are so many pockets that you can hide little surprises in the bag for later in the trip. Great choice for us!

Comment

So we haven't been able to make it this year either but are hoping to go next year (July 2022).

Any suggestions on what we should change now planning to travel with 4.5 and 6.5 year old?

Thinking of dropping the pram and getting kids to carry their own bags.... is that nuts?

Comment

So we haven't been able to make it this year either but are hoping to go next year (July 2022).

Any suggestions on what we should change now planning to travel with 4.5 and 6.5 year old?

Thinking of dropping the pram and getting kids to carry their own bags.... is that nuts?
            Sadly, in my opinion, yes. If they can carry their own small bag some of the time then great, but be prepared to have to carry them - which may less practical than packing just one bigger efficient bag that you know you will be prepared to carry.

But here's hoping we will all soon be back to fulfilling our much missed and delayed travel plans!

Comment

My 4.5yo has been carrying her own plane bag for years now. We gave her the Ruck's Sac for this last trip. Inside is her stuffie, water bottle, and PCSB with her plane stuff - notepad, coloring supplies, tablet, headphones. We clip the PCSB to the seat pocket using swivel carabiners. She managed to carry it all by herself, from the parking shuttle all through the terminal, and same when we landed at our destination. I think for our next quick trip, we'll add her packing cube with clothes.

Comment

What a shame you couldn’t go on your trip, I remember your posts planning for it.

I think this is a good age to introduce carrying their own small bags. My kids were about those ages when they took Luminary 12s as their holiday bags. I chose these bags because:
                -I could clip the bags onto them with the waist and chest straps.
                -The bags are slim enough that the kids could keep them on while sitting on a bus
                -Many pockets for hiding secret trip toys or snacks and also Tile trackers
                -The bags were small enough that in an emergency I could use a carabiner to clip them to the top handle of my bag

On our next trip I would consider putting some clothes in their bags too, as they’ll be able to carry something a bit heavier than in 2019.

Hope this helps!

Comment

Working...
                X