Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,582   Posts: 188,368   Members: 6,552   Active Members: 301
Welcome to our newest member, LucaDebenh.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smart Alec

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for featuring my list on the blog, Darcy! Hopefully it helps someone buy this bag. I keep recommending it/Tom Bihn to people every week.

My Tom Bihn arsenal
    Bags: Steel/Solar Aeronaut w/ Absolute Strap | Black/Steel Brain Bag | Black/Cardinal Tri-Star | Black/Steel/Solar Smart Alec
    Accessories: Camera I-O, Tripod Quiver, Brain Cell, Snake Charmer, Vertical Freudian Slip, Vertical iPad Cache, RFID Blocking Passport Pouch, Kit, Travel Tray, various Organizer Cubes & Pouches

Comment

Thank /you/, leviathan. I think your packing list gives a good sense of what a Smart Alec can hold.
      Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Comment

The bag itself is way bigger than I expected when I first ordered it. My daily office routine hardly utilizes 1/3 of its capacity. With any luck I'll be back on the road soon and using the bag to it's full potential on a daily basis. I look forward to finding an organization and packing list that satisfies my daily needs.

This includes the upcoming camera insert. I can't wait to safely carry my camera with me everywhere. My current camera bag (LowePro Slingshot AW100 - http://products.lowepro.com/product/...-AW,2034,4.htm) isn't practical unless I'm on a dedicated shoot.

My Tom Bihn arsenal
        Bags: Steel/Solar Aeronaut w/ Absolute Strap | Black/Steel Brain Bag | Black/Cardinal Tri-Star | Black/Steel/Solar Smart Alec
        Accessories: Camera I-O, Tripod Quiver, Brain Cell, Snake Charmer, Vertical Freudian Slip, Vertical iPad Cache, RFID Blocking Passport Pouch, Kit, Travel Tray, various Organizer Cubes & Pouches

Comment

Thanks for this review leviathan. I ordered my Smart Alec about 19 hrs ago... though I live in Sydney, Australia so it will take a few days to arrive. You would not believe how excited I am!!!

Comment

Packing Cubes

Hello All,

All I have at the moment for travel is the Smart Alec and the Clear Quarter Packing Cube. I plan on leaving my MacPro and Vertical Brain Cell at home.

Now what I would to know is what packing cubes would fit optimally?

This would be for a minimalist 10 day long trip to England this summer. Laundry will be available so... It might stretch to 2 weeks (adding France) if the lady friend joins me.

Any suggestions (hint, hint, it doesn't mention on the packing cube webpage nor on the Smart Alec webpage)?

Many Thanks,
            Iain

Comment

Working...
            X