Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,492   Posts: 187,421   Members: 6,447   Active Members: 336
Welcome to our newest member, jsmbuchholz.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Calling all Aussies...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calling all Aussies...

My nephew was given a trip by the Make-A-Wish Foundation. I am looking for recommendations on a travel book/guide for Sidney and Brisbane. Any suggestions? Thanks for any help.
    Bags: Latest: Pop Tote and Shop Bag (large) ; also have a Co-Pilot, Super Ego (w/cork seatbelt); Aeronaut; Medium Cafe Bag; Large Cafe Bag; Brain Cell; Shop Bag small, (Steel); Packing Cube Shoulder Bag. Accessories: Oh yeah, bunches.
    Sadly Lost to Hazmat: An Imago in Steel/Cork & MCB in Linen/Olive.
    " ...all [that] you have to depend on is yourself and your luggage." - The Luggage Salesman (Joe Versus the Volcano)

Hi ex machina,

I moved to Sydney (from Brisbane!) about 4 years ago. When I arrived I bought "Top 10 Sydney (EYEWITNESS TOP 10 TRAVEL GUIDE)" published by DK. It has self guided walking tours, ideas for day trips, and some excellent maps. I still love exploring Sydney on the public ferries - there much cheaper than cruises and you can explore at your own pace!

I've never used a guidebook for Brisbane (since it's my home town) but I've found "Trip Advisor" a good resource for other places in Australia:
    http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attractio...ueensland.html

These two sites might also give you ideas:
    http://www.ourbrisbane.com/see-and-do
    http://www.queenslandholidays.com.au...nd-do_home.cfm

Hope this helps!
    Em

Comment

Thanks, Em! It's just what I was looking for.
      Bags: Latest: Pop Tote and Shop Bag (large) ; also have a Co-Pilot, Super Ego (w/cork seatbelt); Aeronaut; Medium Cafe Bag; Large Cafe Bag; Brain Cell; Shop Bag small, (Steel); Packing Cube Shoulder Bag. Accessories: Oh yeah, bunches.
      " ...all [that] you have to depend on is yourself and your luggage." - The Luggage Salesman (Joe Versus the Volcano)

Comment

I don't know if there are really any good books. You could try asking the locals though....

I'm in Melbourne, which does have lovely attactions of its own. What sort of things is your nephew interested in?

Notmensa: check your private mail!

Audrey

Comment

Well, he was asking me what he should see. Now that he has the trip, and I think it was all about taking a trip with family, he is looking for a to-do list. Places to see, things to visit. I suggested the famous Opera House but I would like to buy him a good book for his trip as a Christmas present.

Comment

Working...
          X