Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,585   Posts: 188,394   Members: 6,557   Active Members: 310
Welcome to our newest member, Sharron99O.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Safety razor and travel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Safety razors are available everywhere in the world. Here in Thailand they are sold in 7/11

Comment

I travel with an old Gillette safety razor and a few loose DE blades in their paper wrappers, and while I've certainly been questioned about them a few times at security, I've never had them confiscated. I also travel with a small shaving brush and some shaving soap so I guess the whole shaving kit makes it seem less weapony than if I just had the razor and blades alone.

Another option is to keep your safety razor at home and travel with those cheap BIC single-blade disposable razors, which are actually pretty darn good for 2-3 shaves and just as close and non-irritating as a good safety razor.

Comment

I have flown numerous domestic routes as well as to Canada, Africa, Central America, Hawaii, and PR with an extra few DE blades in my dopp kit, in my carry-on, had it searched a few times and never had the blades be an issue.

YMMV

Comment

Working...
        X