Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,821   Posts: 191,246   Members: 6,714   Active Members: 268
Welcome to our newest member, Nemad.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Safety razor and travel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pretzelb
    replied
    That is the most confusing text I've seen in a while.
    Razor-Type Blades - such as box cutters, utility knives, razor blades not in a cartridge, but excluding safety razors.

So safety razors are excluded but technically they are razor blades that are not in a cartridge. Why would they be excluded?

I once checked at a CVS to see if they had blades since I know Gillette makes a safety razor and I often see the soap and brushes at CVS. I wasn't able to find any so it might be very uncommon. Plus I am not sure they would fit in my Merkur shaver.

Leave a comment:

• flitcraft
    replied
    According to the TSA website, safety razors are fine in carry on:

http://www.tsa.gov/press/releases/2002/p…

but razor blades not in cartridge form are not. Hmmm...anybody have a good sense of the availability of the blades? If they are reasonably available, then just bring your razor and count on getting additional blades for it when you arrive.

Leave a comment:

• pretzelb
    started a topic Safety razor and travel

Safety razor and travel

This year I decided to try shaving with a safety razor and so far I really like it. The dilemma now is how to find a way to travel with this option. If my better half checks a suitcase I guess my problems are solved but I wanted to check in here and see if anyone else had clever ideas.
Working...
X