Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,743   Posts: 190,293   Members: 6,602   Active Members: 258
Welcome to our newest member, Cycw95.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

York, Maine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nsh
    replied
    sturbridge So we didn’t make it to Pigs Fly Bread (next time…because I love chocolate bread!!) but we had a grand time doing lots of other things: candlepin bowling, the arcade at “funorama,” the zoo and amusement park at York’s Wild Kingdom, and a seafood dinner right next to the beach with clams, scallops, and lobster. The kids opted for chicken fingers, hahah. We are early birds so we took a 6am morning hike up to the Cape Neddick lighthouse park and later on played on the beach.

Packing lesson: I am not one for the cold and basically ended up wearing my sweatshirt and a random fleece we had in our trunk the entire time. I never wore the dress because we ate outside at night and it was way too cold. I knew it would be chilly but when the wind whips up off the shore—-brrrr. It chilled me. My husband and daughter (she likes to tell everyone, “I’m a Boston baby! Cold is good!”) were jumping in the waves while I sat bundled in a beach chair. I think York, Maine is a great spot for a family getaway. My HLT1 was glued to my side the entire trip and the perfect little bag for our excursions. The synapse and PU were super convenient…but definitely pack the extra sweater or fleece!

Leave a comment:

• sturbridge
    replied
    I love York. I always squeeze in a trip to Pigs Fly Bread (just over the line in Kittery on rt 1-- the chocolate bread is to die for, particularly toasted with Nutella) and Stonewall Kitchens for yummy condiments. Hope your family has a great time.

Leave a comment:

• nsh
    started a topic York, Maine

York, Maine

My vacation to York, Maine:

I haven’t had a proper vacation since Dec2019-Jan2020 (when you all helped me with planning a trip to Houston). My family is heading nearby to a home in York, ME for vacation with my best friend’s family. It’s going to be a very causal low key time of beach, parks, and friend time.

Packing is also a fun part of vacation!!

In the car I will wear my jeans, Godzilla t-shirt, hoodie sweatshirt, and sneakers.

I’m using my trusty old Synapse 19 in black Cordura (it has been with me all over the Middle East, Hong Kong, Honduras, and trips near and far from home) to pack all my clothes (including bathing suits and undergarments not pictured), sandals, and toiletries.

In addition, I am taking the parental unit because it will serve as the beach and family day bag. It carries: a kindle, tech cords and packable keyboard, sunscreen, and bug spray. I can stuff in extra hats, rain coats, sunglasses, snacks, and water bottles in case anybody needs those things.

Finally, my HLT1 is my main purse that holds wallet, phone, EarPods, and masks.
    Attached Files
Working...
X