Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,500   Posts: 187,521   Members: 6,459   Active Members: 330
Welcome to our newest member, jammyjam.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LGD for Birding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LGD for Birding

I received my wilderness LGD yesterday and couldn't wait to get it ready for bird watching! Here's a quick video and a few photos showing how I have it packed for (urban) birding.

I noticed that my SE fits wonderfully behind the internal divider in the LGD. It's perfect to add some organization in what is otherwise a pretty cavernous space, and leaves the main compartment free for my jacket and water bottle.

Here is a link to a youtube video showing what I have packed inside for a typical birding trip.

I know there are some other birders on these forums - I'd be interested in seeing your set-ups!

Nicely done youtube video and photos. Don't know if you can change title on youtube but titling it Tom Bihn LGD for Birding would make it easier for Tom Bihn fans who are always hungry for videos on new products to find it.

Thanks for sharing with us.

Comment

Hello & glad to *meet* a fellow birder in the forum! Excellent set up and nice going with the LGD. I can no longer handle much weight on my hips (welcome to old age!) unless it's highly distributed around my torso, so I carry a TB pack but also with an SE and very similar gear. What type of camera is in that little case? Very cute!

Comment

Thanks for the comment! The camera is a Canon powershot sx740 hs. I am not very knowledgeable about cameras or photography, but it has a 40x optical zoom! That’s enough for me to snap id pictures, and it’s so light and small that I can always bring it with.

Comment

Love finding birders on the forums! Like Tonya I’ve moved to more even distribution of weight as I’ve ‘matured’. (My previous birding carry was a Pacsafe hip belt which I LOVED - similar in size and carry options to LGD - but now too heavy for extended birding)

I’m heading out to the PNW in a week and have worked out how to use my SE and hip belt pocket on a Gossamer Gear pocketed belt. My travel binoculars will fit in the TB hip belt pocket!
          Synik 22, Truck, Luminary 12 with a MCB Freudian Slip, Daylight Backpack, EDC HLT2, Side Effect or Side Effect, zippered Large and Small Shopbags, Co-Pilot, Travel Tray, Snake Charmer

Comment

Originally posted by Traveltech View Post
            My travel binoculars will fit in the TB hip belt pocket!
            We should start a birder's TB carry & gear post/section lol! Traveltech I've been looking for a good set of affordable travel bins (in other words, not Swarovski) to keep in my car for roadside spots, so any suggestions are welcome. I love my Nikon Monarchs but keep those at home. They're a bit too big for the glove box and also get rather heavy on long treks. I don't want to hijack this thread so feel free to PM me. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by tbone4107 View Post
              Thanks for the comment! The camera is a Canon powershot sx740 hs.
              That's a nice little lens on that camera. I've got a Nikon that's a beast. I love it but it's not a pocket camera by any means, so I'm looking for a good point and shoot. May have to try out that Canon, to thanks for the tip!

Comment

Working...
              X