Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,829   Posts: 191,337   Members: 6,703   Active Members: 266
Welcome to our newest member, zacattac.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My daily daylight briefcase load

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My daily daylight briefcase load

Relatively new to the forums, and wanted to share my regular loadout for my favorite bag ever, the Daylight Briefcase in black Halcyon. I've had this bag in both the 525d and the Halcyon and have to say I just love the way the Halcyon behaves. So flexible and sleek.

One of the biggest things I appreciate about this bag is how the front pocket is my home base. The sideways pocket holds my Midori traveler's notebook and planner (which holds my life), then my phone, keys, wallet, mask, poop bags for the dog (never leave home without em'), and airpods all sit right behind it in the two front pocket sections. Love not having all that stuff in my pockets.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0030.jpeg
Views:	525
Size:	3.93 MB
ID:	334463

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0031.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	3.33 MB ID:	334457
    The big section carries the HLT1 (don't even get me started on all the amazingness in this thing), water bottle, camera, a sort of mini toiletry kit in the larger ghost whale pouch, my work ID and pocket knife in the other, my camera, glasses, and whatever book I'm reading. Worth noting, I can always fit my laptop or ipad in as well, I just don't like carrying that stuff around when I don't have to :-)

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0032.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	2.66 MB ID:	334459
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0034.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	3.51 MB ID:	334461
    Just wanted to share for anyone considering this bag. I've had a _lot_ of everyday bags (backpacks and shoulder style) and I after rocking this one for over a year, I don't see it getting replaced anytime soon.
    Last edited by mjmetts; 07-27-2021, 02:32 PM.

Nice pack out mjmetts thank you for sharing it
    and good book choice 🙂
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Comment

I love seeing the Daylight bags in action. There's a reason they're still sold by Bihn and haven't been retired like so many others. I honestly don't think there's better lightweight bags out there than the DL briefcase and backpack. A Daylight BP was my first Bihn purchase and it's still my fav Bihn bag ever. It's about 8 years old and looks nearly brand new, despite being my EDC for more days and trips and hikes than I can mention. Thanks so much for sharing and welcome to the forums!

Comment

Originally posted by Tonya View Post
        I love seeing the Daylight bags in action. There's a reason they're still sold by Bihn and haven't been retired like so many others. I honestly don't think there's better lightweight bags out there than the DL briefcase and backpack. A Daylight BP was my first Bihn purchase and it's still my fav Bihn bag ever. It's about 8 years old and looks nearly brand new, despite being my EDC for more days and trips and hikes than I can mention. Thanks so much for sharing and welcome to the forums!
        Definitely feel this way about the briefcase. I’ve used quite a few and this one is just miles ahead. I have a feeling the backpack might be in my future…

Comment

Working...
        X