Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,638   Posts: 189,065   Members: 6,624   Active Members: 294
JonasMorga
Forum Member
Welcome to our newest member, JonasMorga.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody have any travel planned for the holidays?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    mfeinstein
    Forum Member

• mfeinstein
    replied
    NYC is awesome for the holidays, I would highly recommend you check out Wafels & Dinges

Originally posted by OnMyWay View Post
    Hi all,

Just made plans for a 4 day trip to New York City in December and I'm already plotting ways to see if I can do it just with my WF. Many fun hours of planning my packing list are in my future...

Anybody else have holiday travel plans? Which bags are you going to take?

Leave a comment:

• Katy
    I work at TOM BIHN

• Katy
    replied
    Originally posted by peregrina View Post
    Hubby and I are going to Brazil for two weeks to visit family. We'll each take an Aeronaut (overkill, I know, but I have to bring gifts for family) and I'll take a medium cafe bag as my day bag and my husband will bring his new imago. Will definitely post pictures!
    Ohhhh!! I can't wait! You always take such awesome photos!

Leave a comment:

• peregrina

• peregrina
    replied
    Hubby and I are going to Brazil for two weeks to visit family. We'll each take an Aeronaut (overkill, I know, but I have to bring gifts for family) and I'll take a medium cafe bag as my day bag and my husband will bring his new imago. Will definitely post pictures!

Leave a comment:

• AVService
    Forum Member

• AVService
    replied
    I just returned from Denver where I have been for the last week. Since I drove I had no real challenge packing except deciding what to bring and how.....as usual!
    I packed mostly ion a Boyt Hanging closet that I have had since the "Porsche Incident" years ago but also packed the Tri-Star and Synapse among others.
    Of course when afforded the space I always bring things I never even look at again until I get back home?

I used the Tri-Star this time as a Briefcase though with my 17" MBP in Brain Cell in the middle and a change of clothes and toiletries in the back.
    I used the front for briefcase items and even stuck a water bottle in the odd pocket a few times.

The Synapse held an 11" MB Air,iPad and on the way back a Toughbook T8 that I somehow picked up while in Denver? I also carry a tiny Ham Radio transceiver in the suede pocket which fits like it was made for it.

I just have a fun time packing and traveling and this is one trip where I had no real business except to "Graze" at the Broadmoor Hotel in the Springs for Thanksgiving Brunch!

I also had a Targus Computer Back Pack that I often use for "Overflow" that I really like.
    It seems well made,has a lot of pockets and just holds a ton but is easy to carry.

Of course I like to look at my Tundra PickUp as another luggage item too!

This year we stayed in a Hotel with mini kitchens in each room but I have been known to bring a small Microwave and Fridge on this trip in the past.

Ed

Leave a comment:

• SusanM
    Forum Member

• SusanM
    replied
    We'll be flying to Costa Rica in Jan. If the Western Flyer is available in navy, or if I could get my hands on one in indigo by that time, I would love to try taking that as my only bag.

Susan

Leave a comment:

• Badger
    Volunteer ********* Alumni

• Badger
    replied
    Where are you flying from, OnMyWay? I'd love to see your packing list, because I am nosy and obsessive about both packing and lists.

We will be in Italy for 18 days over Christmas and New Year's, and we are one-bagging. Mrs. B will carry our Patagonia MLC, which is a model from several years ago and great quality; I'll be carrying an Aeronaut. We have a 17-pound weight limit, which won't be hard going over but might be more challenging coming back, since we will probably want to buy gifts. At least booze from the Duty Free won't count against us.

Leave a comment:

• OnMyWay
    Forum Member

• OnMyWay
    started a topic Anybody have any travel planned for the holidays?

Anybody have any travel planned for the holidays?

Hi all,

Just made plans for a 4 day trip to New York City in December and I'm already plotting ways to see if I can do it just with my WF. Many fun hours of planning my packing list are in my future...

Anybody else have holiday travel plans? Which bags are you going to take?
Working...
X