Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,634   Posts: 189,015   Members: 6,619   Active Members: 298
MapGuy
Forum Member
Welcome to our newest member, MapGuy.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Under seat bag storage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After reading this thread--I think I'm pretty glad I only fly once or twice a year. Going back to pointedly ignoring any other responses in this thread for sake of my sanity and keeping my breakfast down.
    Super Ego w/Seat Belt Buckle [Black/Steel/Wasabi], Cadet 13/15 [Cardinal/Steel], Aeronaut 45 [Cardinal/Steel], 13" Ristretto (Old) [Olive/Cayenne], Synapse 19 [Indigo/Iberian], Camera I/O, and a whole bunch of other goodies.

Comment

Originally posted by misterN View Post
      After reading this thread--I think I'm pretty glad I only fly once or twice a year. Going back to pointedly ignoring any other responses in this thread for sake of my sanity and keeping my breakfast down.

JEFF! YOU SABOTAGED ME WITH YOUR LIKE :P
      Super Ego w/Seat Belt Buckle [Black/Steel/Wasabi], Cadet 13/15 [Cardinal/Steel], Aeronaut 45 [Cardinal/Steel], 13" Ristretto (Old) [Olive/Cayenne], Synapse 19 [Indigo/Iberian], Camera I/O, and a whole bunch of other goodies.

Comment

Not sabotage! More like a thank you for keeping from going back a page and reading anymore.

Sometimes ignorance is bliss...and I have to get back on a plane tomorrow!
        ============================================

Comment

Yeah, I'm glad I'm not flying again until April. Plenty of time to forget this thread ever happened.
          Current carry: Super Ego, various pouches, I/O (when shooting). Incorporating the FIELD JOURNAL!!!! Next up on wishlist: S25 and SE (June 2016)

Comment

Can I "like" this whole entire thread? I'm rolling, here...

Comment

Ewwwww! I may have to swaddle myself and all my bags in Saran Wrap before I get on a plane again. And my son is arriving this evening from across the Atlantic after sixteen hours on two planes. After reading this thread, I'm thinking I should decontaminate him before I allow him in the car, much less hug him.

Comment

Originally posted by ncb4 View Post
                Ewwwww! I may have to swaddle myself and all my bags in Saran Wrap before I get on a plane again. And my son is arriving this evening from across the Atlantic after sixteen hours on two planes. After reading this thread, I'm thinking I should decontaminate him before I allow him in the car, much less hug him.
                OK, true story: the first time we went to Italy, one of our suitcases apparently exploded in the cargo hold. It was a Samsonite so the case was actually just fine (so I'm not exactly sure what happened); however, the Italian baggage handlers just stuffed everything back in and wrapped loads of shrink wrap around it--instead of just zipping it shut?--like I said, I have no idea. When we complained at the British Airways counter, we said, "Why is our suitcase wrapped in plastic?" The lady replied, and I quote: "Wrapped in plastic? No problem." That has been a catchphrase in the Badger household for over four years.

Comment

I'm a "germa-a-phobe" - and reading this makes me glad I always carry Lysol wipes, hand sanitizer, and even spare plastic bags! I don't put my bags in the overhead bin, and usually place a plastic bag on the undersea area and put my bags on top of that. Or maybe even "in" the plastic bag.

A friend worked as a plane cleaner ages ago. He warned me never ever put your hands in the seat pocket in front of you - if you must use it, carry plastic baggies and place your necessities in that and place the plastic baggy kind of in the front of the seat pocket with the top of the baggie sticking out over the edge. Also, people put their suitcases and bags on the public bathroom floors - even when - shall we say - there are other things on the floor in liquid puddles...then they put their bags in the overhead? Also, don't touch the pull-down tray - without wearing gloves! (I think he was teasing about the gloves but he said those trays are never cleaned.) Okay, I wipe them down with a Lysol wipe, but still!

(Okay, slightly off topic - but I've seen women put their handbags on the floors of grungy public restroom floors....do they then go home and put that same bag atop the kitchen counter or table?!)

Badger - thanks for the laugh! I will have to quote the "Wrapped in plastic? No problem." My family wonders why I do't wrap myself up in protective plastic whenever I venture outside my comfort zone !
                  "Buy the best, cry once" - Pasquale

Comment

I think what is worse than the under seat storage is having to take my luggage into the restroom and set it down on the floor.

Linda

Comment

When I was wearing my ebags, I kept it on my back in the restroom. But both my eBags and the TB travel bags all have a handle, can't they be hung on the hook on the door?
                      I really, really like TB Bags!

Comment

If it doesn't kill ya it only makes you stronger?

I'm flying back to the U.K. for Xmas with the Wife's family in under 2 weeks. Never once thought about this before.

Going to continue with "ignorance is bliss" on these 15 hours flights.

eep.
                        Expat living in Japan
                        iPad RistrettoAeronautSynapseLg Shop Bag • lots of little accessory pouches - straps - and other goodies!

Now ... what else do I "need" ...

Comment

So many restrooms don't have hooks, and if they do it is really hard to hang up an aeronaut on a little restroom hook - plus a coat and a purse!

Linda

Comment

Originally posted by GEOcycle View Post
                            If it doesn't kill ya it only makes you stronger?
                            I think that's the best attitude.

We recently did 6 weeks in europe - 24hr flight there and 24 back. Plus many trains including an overnighter plus a cross channel ferry. Travelled packed like sardines on the metros of three cities.

Didn't get sick, didn't get pickpocketed, didn't lose luggage and the only gross thing that happened was the previously mentioned poopy spinner. Doesn't hurt to be careful but don't let it keep you home.
                            List under construction ....

Comment

Originally posted by ams123 View Post
                              So many restrooms don't have hooks, and if they do it is really hard to hang up an aeronaut on a little restroom hook - plus a coat and a purse!

Linda
                              On my cross-country trip with my Aeronaut back in March, I was actually surprised that with the backpack straps I could actually hang my bag on the hook in the toilet stall. It took a bit of practice - messenger bag first, then Aeronaut on top of it - plus some careful balancing and a quick prayer that the hook wouldn't snap off the stall door...but it worked. I really dislike having to take my bag(s) in airport public toilet rooms when I have to travel alone on business.
                              Aeronaut in Black/Iberian, Synapse in Black/Iberian, Small Cafe Bag in Linen/Steel, 4Z Horizontal Cache in Black, iPad Vertical Cache in Black, 3D Organizer Cube in Steel, Large Clear Organizer in Pouch Iberian, Medium Clear Organizer Pouch in Iberian, Mini Padded Organizer Pouch in Black, Mini Organizer Pouch in Iberian, 16" Key Strap in Sapphire, 8" Key Strap in Storm

Comment

Just a few weeks ago, I traveled with my red Dyneema Synapse. Put it under the seat (as I usually do). The lady ahead of me spilled her Coca Cola right after it was handed to her and unbeknownst to her, it travelled back and soaked the bottom of my bag. The bag mostly repelled it, and by the time I got off 4 hours later, the bag was dry. No stain, nothing. I do plan to wash it, and re-coat it with Nikwax for good measure. I was just happy that it was my TB that was under there.

Comment

Working...
                                X