Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,635   Posts: 189,015   Members: 6,619   Active Members: 298
MapGuy
Forum Member
Welcome to our newest member, MapGuy.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Under seat bag storage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm more in the camp of "it grosses me out when I think of it."

However, one reason I will never fly Spirit again is that it makes me think of it ALL THE TIME, especially with the lack of barf bags and how close the seats are.
    Current carry: Super Ego, various pouches, I/O (when shooting). Incorporating the FIELD JOURNAL!!!! Next up on wishlist: S25 and SE (June 2016)

Comment

OK, completely gross and I'm not sure that my life has been improved by reading this thread.

It does remind me though of our trip to Europe many years ago now pre-children.

We flew Alitalia to Rome from Sydney via Melbourne with a refuel in Bangkok. Trip time 20+ hours in a metal tube breathing recycled air. In those days you could smoke in certain sections of the plane and lets just stay that the toilet accuracy of Italian men left a lot to be desired. Similarly the cleanliness in other aspects of the flight was not Alitalia's strong suit.

Despite that we survived, the body is amazing in so many ways!

Comment

Reading this thread gave us the idea to quickly sew up some rip stop nylon stuff sacks to put in synapse bags in when putting under the seat. This should protect it from an accidental spill and corral all the straps from getting snagged or ending up in the aisle.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by SKIMT View Post
          Reading this thread gave us the idea to quickly sew up some rip stop nylon stuff sacks to put in synapse bags in when putting under the seat. This should protect it from an accidental spill and corral all the straps from getting snagged or ending up in the aisle.
          That's awesome!

Comment

We used them at the grocery store this morning....so multi use.

Comment

Originally posted by Lani View Post
              BEST SOLUTION: The Clipa purse hook.

Purse Hanger | Clipa Instant Handbag Hanger | Purse Hooks

You can hang an elephant off of those things. Well, a 45-pound elephant (they're rated to 45 pounds).
              Great tip and it ships overseas! Thanks for sharing!

I was thinking about were to hang a full loaded Aeronaut in public bathrooms...

A couple of clipa may just be the solution !!
              So much to catch up!

Comment

I missed this thread the first time around, but I'm really happy to know I'm not the only one who thinks about this stuff.

Except I'm kind of sad that my innocence about seat back pockets has now been ruined. I had no idea they could be so gross! I shower after I land with every trip though (and the bags I travel with contain the bags I actually carry around daily), so while I'm sure I get exposed to all sorts of stuff on the trip, I do my best not to bring it home with me. (I work in hospitals anyway so I'm used to temporarily being in gross places then getting clean at home).
                Owner of:
                Imago in Cocoa/Cocoa/Wasabi, Large Cafe Bag in Black/Wasabi, Various organizer pouches/stuff sacks/travel trays, Small Shop Bag in Steel and Iberian, Synapse in Steel/Steel, and a Medium Cafe Bag in Plum/Wasabi.

Comment

Originally posted by eWalker View Post
                  Great tip and it ships overseas! Thanks for sharing!

I was thinking about were to hang a full loaded Aeronaut in public bathrooms...

A couple of clipa may just be the solution !!
                  If that really works for an Aeronaut let me know! I would get one.
                  ----
                  All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
                  Edmund Burke

Comment

Originally posted by bchaplin View Post
                    Ok!

I will finish my order tomorrow, but from the online reviews I saw online, it does fit the bill!
                    So much to catch up!

Comment

Originally posted by bchaplin View Post
                      @bchaplin My advice.... Get two! [emoji6]

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1429215855675.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	182.8 KB
ID:	296212Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1429216384475.jpg
Size:	803.4 KB
ID:	296213Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1429216409768.jpg
Size:	234.4 KB
ID:	296214Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1429216437472.jpg
Size:	193.9 KB
ID:	296215Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1429216462439.jpg
Size:	672.9 KB
ID:	296216
                      So much to catch up!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1429216833376.jpg
Size:	919.6 KB
ID:	296217 The A45 is kind of big, so it may touch the floor if not kept straight.

And it is so much easier to do it with two clipas.

HTH

eWalker
                        eWalker
                        Forum Member
                        Last edited by eWalker; 04-16-2015, 02:58 PM.
                        So much to catch up!

Comment

Fabulous, @eWalker! Thank you!
                          ----
                          All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
                          Edmund Burke

Comment

Here is another option. Carabiner Super Clip | The Qlipter by Lulabop
                            If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.

Comment

I'm very tempted. Does anyone have one of these, and if so, how do you like it?

Originally posted by wayoflife View Post

Comment

I have 4 of them - I was a Kickstarter backer. They are great!
                                --------------------------------

Comment

Working...
                                X