Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,772   Posts: 190,625   Members: 6,656   Active Members: 263
Welcome to our newest member, basil.bourque.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Going to Chicago

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• darbs
    replied
    Thanks for all the suggestions! I am hoping we won't have to rent a car and can just get buy with taking public transportation. That being said, it all depends on what we end up doing. This is a business trip with an extra day tacked on so the company will pay for our transport from the airport to the hotel and back when we leave. I definitely want to check out the Hancock building! I didn't realize there was a lounge up there! That City Pass sounds like it could be good. I'm definitely going to check it out.
    We love food! I've already proclaimed that we have to go get real Chicago hot dogs and deep dish pizza. Any restaurant suggestions are greatly appreciated! And we will eat just about anything so don't hesitate.

Leave a comment:

• capncat
    replied
    OH and if you're feeling fancy, having a drink at the top of the hancock building is a+ would do again! amazing view, tasty liquorsnacks: Wine Bar & Cocktail Lounge | Signature Lounge at the 96th - Chicago

Leave a comment:

• capncat
    replied
    hot doug's! if you're even remotely into sausages/hot dogs, it's not to be missed. check out the specials (they change weekly) and menu: Hot Doug's (for reference, i waited in line, outside, in FEBRUARY, for two hours and it was 100% worth it)

if you're doing the usual chicago touristy stuff, citypass is a great deal and allows you to skip the worst admission lines (which can get Really Long, esp on weekends) and zoom on in. Official Chicago CityPASS® | Visit 5 Chicago Attractions for $84

the museum of science and industry is one of my faaaavorite museums in chicago: Welcome to The Museum of Science and Industry

the art institute and museum of contemporary art are good, too

will you have a car or are you planning to use public transport to get around?

Leave a comment:

• darbs
    started a topic Going to Chicago

Going to Chicago

We are going to Chicago at the end of September and I need your help. You guys were great when I went to Denver! Not sure exactly what hotel we are staying at, but I know it is on the miracle mile. I have never been to Chicago before. What is not to be missed? Where should we eat? Tips, tricks, advice? Share your Chicago knowledge with me!
Working...
X