Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dorayme
    replied
    There used to be no difference other than choices in finish/material, but now there is in structure. Dansko lost the patent to the footbed, last and sole for their stapled clogs. Sanita has the patent. Now the clogs for Dansko are made in China, Sanitas are still made in Denmark. Dansko's are now wider at the heel cup and toe box. Some have complained that the new Dansko last squeaks over time, though I haven't had this problem. If you are used to the original fit, then the new fit may not work as well. here's an article on the deets.

Leave a comment:

• falconea
    replied
    I'm very attached to my New Balance 978s. Comfortable, comes in various widthsm, and waterproof!

Audrey

Leave a comment:

• Janine
    replied
    Is there any difference between Danskos and Sanitas? They look an awful lot alike.

Leave a comment:

• Janine
    replied
    Originally posted by dwright17 View Post
    Janine, if you buy the Dansko professional clogs at REI and don't like them, you can return them even after you've worn them (as long as you're a member). REI is great about that, and a large reason why I get shoes there whenever I can.
    No kidding! That's definitely something to consider. Hubby was an REI member for a while. I wonder if his membership is up-to-date....

Leave a comment:

• dwright17
    replied
    Janine, if you buy the Dansko professional clogs at REI and don't like them, you can return them even after you've worn them (as long as you're a member). REI is great about that, and a large reason why I get shoes there whenever I can.

Leave a comment:

• bltkmt
    replied
    +1 on the Blundstones...I live in CT and pretty much live in my Blunnies during Fall/Winter/Spring (I have two pair). I also love the Salomon Goretex trail running shoes...very comfortable and waterproof.

Leave a comment:

• 123veo
    replied
    Oh yes, Sanitas rock too. I have the professional clogs in black leather. They are incredible shoes that I wear to work and they certainly can handle rain. But, I'm still partial to the Blunnies, particularly when it is rainingrainingrainingraining and there might be mud, or big puddles, or big, wet, sloppy dogs stepping all over your toes.

Leave a comment:

• Janine
    replied
    Hey Lani. I've got Brooks sneakers right now and they work pretty well. Thanks for the names of other insoles and the GoreTex recommendation - now I've got some things to look for!

Leave a comment:

• Janine
    replied
    Originally posted by 123veo View Post
    I live in Vancouver BC, so consider myself something of an expert in rain-proof footwear! I have 2 pairs of reliable shoes: New Balance W955 in Goretex and a pair of Blundstone Chunks. In fall/winter/spring, when the deluge does not let up, I live in my Blundstones. They take a wee bit of breaking-in, but once broken, they are the quintessential wet weather shoe. Here is a link that shows you all of the different varieties available (it's a link to my local dealer, but it's layed out quite nicely): Blundstone | Australian Boot Company | Largest selection of Blundstone boots, R.M.Williams boots and UGG boots outside Australia
    Ooooh! Blundstones look very interesting, and your location really does give you instant respect on the waterproof footwear issue. Thank you for the link!

Leave a comment:

• Janine
    replied
    I'm glad you mentioned Danskos. I have been eyeing the Professional clogs. I think they would make a great everyday shoe for me. The only reason that I don't have a pair is that I'm too chicken to pay for them, LOL. Maybe now is the time to face my fears?

Leave a comment:

• Janine
    replied
    Originally posted by Tlacltme View Post
    ps the orthotic insoles are "Powerstep Pinnacle." They were recommended by an independent running shoe store and have really helped me a lot.
    Hey, thanks!

I think this is the brand that my local running store carries. I got a pair a few years ago, and the man who fitted me started with larger insoles and cut them down to fit. He actually had to cut 3 pairs because my left and right arches didn't line up with the arches in the same size of left and right insoles. That's customer service, huh?

Leave a comment:

• Tlacltme
    replied
    ps the orthotic insoles are "Powerstep Pinnacle." They were recommended by an independent running shoe store and have really helped me a lot.

Leave a comment:

• dorayme
    replied
    I prefer the fit/feel/construction of Sanita every since Dansko lost their patent. I have quite a few pair of Dansko pre-patent loss and 2 pair post patent. I love them, wear them year round, and in the professional style haven't had any issues with my feet getting wet. I'm curious to see what you end up with Janine.

Leave a comment:

• Tlacltme
    replied
    I wear Dansko Clogs exclusively all winter long, the closed heel "Professional" oiled leather model. I've suffered from plantar fasciitis in the recent past and I've found the Danskos have really good arch support (i must wear insoles in my sneakers/running shoes- shucks, can't remember the brand) and, while not technically "waterproof" (they are leather), I've never had a problem with my socks getting wet while wearing them. HTH! Good luck! It's tough to find just the right shoe

Leave a comment:

• 123veo
    replied
    I live in Vancouver BC, so consider myself something of an expert in rain-proof footwear! I have 2 pairs of reliable shoes: New Balance W955 in Goretex and a pair of Blundstone Chunks. In fall/winter/spring, when the deluge does not let up, I live in my Blundstones. They take a wee bit of breaking-in, but once broken, they are the quintessential wet weather shoe. Here is a link that shows you all of the different varieties available (it's a link to my local dealer, but it's layed out quite nicely): Blundstone | Australian Boot Company | Largest selection of Blundstone boots, R.M.Williams boots and UGG boots outside Australia

Leave a comment:

Working...
X