X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grandcache
    replied
    Love my Alpines

If you are lucky enough to be near a store that carries SAS shoes, check out the Alpine. It is a low cut lace boot...very lightweight, waterproof, and comfy. I needed something for rainy weather in Great Britain. My feet stayed dry without getting too warm. I was even able to wear them for dressier occasions with slacks and a nice top. They have replaced my cross trainers as my favorite travel shoe and they have become my go to fall shoe at home. :-)

PS I wear mine with Smartwool socks.

Leave a comment:

• adrian65
    replied
    New Stability MT20V2 are fantastic. It's what I use for hurdle competitions. They havevibram feet which removes the query of versatility. Offer fantastic hold up dirty mountains also. Merrel-trail safety gloves are also another excellent choice. I've observed a lot of people also using Solomon.

Leave a comment:

• Janine
    replied
    How cool! I didn't know NB made hiking boots.

That's an interesting story about the Rossi boots. I'm glad they worked out for you!

I ordered a pair of the Gore-Tex Adrenalines from my local running shop this weekend. They didn't have my size in stock, boo. Two of the salespeople raved about Gore-Tex running shoes and how they are great for accidental puddle-stomping. That's perfect for me! I watch the weather carefully so I know how to dress my kids, but sometimes that information doesn't transfer over to how I dress myself.

Leave a comment:

• dichroic
    replied
    In 2009 I went to buy Blundstones in Tasmania, where they're from, and no one wanted to sell them to me. Reason: they transferred their manufacturing and Blunnies are now made in Korea. Instead, they steered me to Rossi boots in a similar style. I bought a pair of these (or something like them; they have lots of boots in that style and I can't tell the difference between models) and I've been wearing them ever since. best boots ever; they're waterproof, easy to pull on (good for airport security) and comfortable for walking miles and miles. And apparently they are also sold in the US.

Leave a comment:

• falconea
    replied
    Originally posted by Janine View Post
    Hey Audrey, are these hiking shoes? If so, they look very nice! I've had New Balance shoes before and they fit my feet very well.
    They are hiking boots. Very comfortable.

Audrey

Leave a comment:

• Janine
    replied
    Originally posted by falconea View Post
    I'm very attached to my New Balance 978s. Comfortable, comes in various widthsm, and waterproof!

Audrey
    Hey Audrey, are these hiking shoes? If so, they look very nice! I've had New Balance shoes before and they fit my feet very well.

Leave a comment:

• dorayme
    replied

Glad you found what works!

Leave a comment:

• Janine
    replied
    So, I got a pair of Keens and I love them. They are more hiking-bootish, though, and I wouldn't mind a pair of sneaker-like waterproof shoes. So I looked back for Lani's recommendation and you know what?

There's a pair of Brooks Adrenaline sneakers on my feet right now.

The pair of sneakers I've been wearing for the past year is the non-Goretex version. I am such a doofus! But at least I'm a doofus who can confidently order a specific size online, knowing that they will fit. :-D

Leave a comment:

• KmK
    replied
    Another vote for Keen

I love Keens for my preferred casual footwear...you can find them with a waterproof layer and they are supremely accommodating for wide feet. I've traipsed all over creation in several pairs worth of them. Durable leather comf and slightly funky...I ask little more from my shoes.

Leave a comment:

• earth5
    replied
    You are mistaken about being mistaken! REI memberships are indeed for life. Were they always for life, or were they annual memberships long ago?
    I remember being told when I signed up 10ish years ago that they were for life as long as you made 1 purchase a year. However, I don't think the purchase/year thing is the case, because my best friend's membership is still valid, and I know he didn't shop at REI when he lived on the east coast. You should still be good

Leave a comment:

• Janine
    replied
    Originally posted by dorayme View Post
    I thought REI membership is lifetime. . . I could be mistaken though.
    You are mistaken about being mistaken! REI memberships are indeed for life. Were they always for life, or were they annual memberships long ago?

Leave a comment:

• dorayme
    replied
    No kidding! That's definitely something to consider. Hubby was an REI member for a while. I wonder if his membership is up-to-date....
    I thought REI membership is lifetime. . . I could be mistaken though.

Leave a comment:

• Janine
    replied
    Originally posted by blackfungi View Post
    KEEN.
    Yeah! I just found a pair of waterproof KEENs in black and purple. I have a pair of KEEN boots that I like well, but they aren't waterproof (found that out the hard way and had soggy feet all day!). The fit is very good, though, so I thought I'd give this brand another try.

Leave a comment:

• Janine
    replied
    Thanks for the link, @dorayme! Nice, concise, and informative!

Leave a comment:

• blackfungi
    replied
    i am a mailman and i have tried many brands. for the prize and comfort, i have chosen KEEN shoes for my work now. waterproof, light and very boxy up front in the shoes for the toes. keen does not use goretex. they use their own technology and it works and therefore keen waterproof shoes aren't as expensive as goretexed shoes. you should try a pair on. KEEN.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X