Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,827   Posts: 191,313   Members: 6,701   Active Members: 267
Welcome to our newest member, driph.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Travel pillow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@kasi which pillow is it? Thanks#

Comment

I second the Travelrest. I used it on two recent overseas flights and it's incredibly compact and versatile. My mother dubbed it the "Stranger's Shoulder" pillow because it kind of looks like an arm, and you lean on it like a seatmate's shoulder. I don't use the included cords with it; I simply hug the bottom "arm" of the pillow across my front, so that my head rests comfortably on the top larger "shoulder" portion of the pillow. I found it's more comfortable if not inflated completely. I've also used it when side sleeping on a couch, and found it more comfortable than a regular pillow because it's got a lot of loft which makes your head stay level when you're on your side. It's easy to blow up (1 or 2 puffs) and very easy to deflate and roll back up when the plane is landing.

Another inflatable pillow/seat cushion I've just ordered is the ultra compact Klymit Cush: Amazon.com : Klymit Cush Inflatable Pillow Seat (Blue/Grey) : Camping Pillows : Sports & Outdoors. I like that it can also be used for lumbar support or as a stadium seat, and it can be folded several ways depending on how much loft you want. It also has recessed "ear pockets" on each end which should make side sleeping more comfortable. I received it last night and tried it out for a few minutes folded in thirds, as a cushion. It's comfortable and a versatile size. But I'm going to have to figure out a better technique for deflating it and rolling it back up. It has multiple chambers in it, which makes it trickier to get completely flat when trying to put it away.
      Don’t make something unless it is both necessary and useful; but if it is both necessary and useful, don’t hesitate to make it beautiful. — Shaker Philosophy

Comment

I have not tried this solution, but... a friend who is a doctor told us about using a neck brace - the kind used for patients with neck injuries - to immobilize his head while he slept on a plane. He said it worked really well, plus, he got special treatment from the flight attendants due to his "injury"! LOL.

Comment

I have a neck brace type pillow and it works well for me.

Comment

Working...
          X