I just took my new Aeronaut 30 out for the first time and it was great!! I packed for a 5-day trip to a cold climate where I was attending a wedding. I packed toiletries, make-up, meds, a skirt, 3 long sleeve T-shirts, undergarments, pj’s, two pairs of leggings, a long swingy sweater, a dress, a shawl, mid-calf boots (not to wear to the wedding), 2prs of tights, 3 prs of socks, 2 skeins of yarn, and a dress length down coat--ALL, in the A30. I couldn’t believe it all fit, esp the down coat. Although I’m small, it was comfortable to carry and I had no problems carrying on, even on a smaller regional jet.

As an aside, I took a tote bag with my purse and my knitting in it so that I had them close at hand, under the seat.

I’m SO glad I bought the A30. A month or so ago I was trying to decide whether to order an A30 or wait till closer to trip time in case it didn't work out. Many of you advised me not to wait and I'm so glad I followed your advice since I had a trip come up earlier than anticipated.

Also, I followed the advice of many of you and looked into Icebreaker clothing. I bought a Bliss Wrap in Black and it was great. I think it dresses up any outfit, even jeans, and it was very comfortable. For the plane I wore J Crew pixie pants (a structured legging), a long sleeved tissue T, the Bliss Wrap and tall boots. I was probably the dressiest passenger. This was not necessarily my goal, but I had to wear the boots. There was no way I could have packed those.

The photo of my packed A30 is not great, because I re-packed to post a pic here. I packed more neatly for the real trip. All the clothing except the dress and shawl (the dressy things) fit into two Specter half-cubes. I packed the dress and shawl folded into a jumbo Ziplock and placed it flat into the bottom of the Aeronaut. There were a few things I didn't wear, so will try to downsize a little more next time.

I didn't know if the A30 would work for dressier travel, but it worked out well. I've learned so much from all of you--thank you!

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	85.2 KB
ID:	311073

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	120.4 KB
ID:	311074