Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,817   Posts: 191,200   Members: 6,712   Active Members: 264
Welcome to our newest member, toomuchlove.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

4 day trip to Seattle area - Western Flyer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4 day trip to Seattle area - Western Flyer

I brought my Western Flyer. This trip was for business, but no suits were needed. For sake of reference I usually wear XL clothes, 38 waist, and 9.5 shoes.

Clothes (* indicates I wore/carried 1 of the item instead of packing)
    3 Brooks Brothers Oxfords*
    1 pair Gustin Jeans*
    1 Pair Polo chinos
    1 brown leather belt by One Star Leather*
    1 Pendleton Shetland sweater*
    1 Iron Heart Denim Trucker Jacket*
    1 LL Bean trail jacket (for rain)
    2 pairs ex Officio underwear
    1 Patagonia base layer*
    2 pairs Darn Tough wool socks*
    1 pair Clarks Desert Boots*
    1 pair Alden Penny Loafers
    1 pair cheapie sunglasses*
    1 pair of blue light blocking sunglasses (I use this for prepping to sleep because I have a hard time sleeping when it's not my house)

I went with 3 tops, 2 bottoms, 1 extra layer, 1 jacket, and added the rainwear which I would not normally pack. Of course, it didn't rain while I was there.

Other things:
    IPad mini
    Acell wall outlet
    Iphone
    Charging cords
    13" laptop and power supply
    Various cords and cables
    Business materials (presentation book, pens, notebooks, badges, etc)
    Usb flash drives
    Bathroom kit (Dr. bronner in a GoToob, hair gel and moisturizer in travel jars, toothbrush, mini toothpaste and deodorant)
    Medication in a 7day container
    1 sea to summit bag
    1 Bose qc20 noise canceling headphones

Clothes were bundled into a Tom Bihn packing cube and placed in large compartment. Laptop and Freudian Slip with business materials were also inserted in that compartment.

I went with two small compartments rather than unzipping to another large compartment. The loafers were placed in a packing cube and in one of the compartments. The other compartment was a general catch-all but held my iPad, blue blocking sunglasses, receipts, etc. for the most part it could be described as "empty-ish."

The water bottle pocket is where I stored pocket materials before walking through security (keys, wallet, loose change, etc).

The lower zipped compartment is where I store my charging cords, headphones, and a zip pouch containing my passport and copies of relevant travel documents.

The larger pouch carried my Tom Bihn bathroom bag attached with a lanyard (easy removal for security), wall charger, and medication. The sea to summit bag was attached to a lanyard connected to the zipper of this compartment.

There were also zip pouches in the large compartment and my catch-all. They just hold various important small things I rarely need and want easily accessible.

Keeping this minimal ended up being quite an advantage on this trip as I had to switch rooms once during my stay at the hotel. Main thing with this packing scheme is I traded time for packing. Every night base layer, underwear, and socks were washed in the sink/shower.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Working...
X