Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,827   Posts: 191,313   Members: 6,701   Active Members: 267
Welcome to our newest member, driph.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Packing a few things in the DLBC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Packing a few things in the DLBC

A forum member on Ravelry wants to know if a DLBC could fit the following for an overnight trip:
    Petite pair of jeans
    Two t-shirts
    Windbreaker
    Toiletry bag
    Magazine
    iPhone

Since I don't have photo posting privileges there, I thought I'd post here in case others were interested.

The clothing and toiletry bag (3DOC) fit easily in the main compartment. There is more room for a couple of size 1 TSSs for chonies, adapter cables or snacks. The magazine went in the back zippered pocket. Since I took pictures with my iPhone, I placed an iPad mini in the front diagonal pocket. The other front split pocket was empty.

You can see the DLBC would be great for this purpose, with room to spare!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now a pair of my plus size jeans would stuff that baby full all by themselves!

Comment

Glad you posted! I don't have picture privileges over there either.

I am LOVING the Dyneema DLBC! I have not packed it for an overnight yet, but it's absolutely brilliant as a work bag. I find myself using the vertical space above the inner pocket, whereas my previous Imago was spread over horizontal space. The overall size and weight difference while not cutting back on any of my EDC is astounding. I have finally hit the fifth stage of grieving steel 400d: accepting and warmly embracing black 400d.

Favorite: Steel/Steel Little Swift * Latest: nNordic/NWS Smart Alec *

Comment

Originally posted by kkintea View Post
        Glad you posted! I don't have picture privileges over there either.

I am LOVING the Dyneema DLBC! I have not packed it for an overnight yet, but it's absolutely brilliant as a work bag. I find myself using the vertical space above the inner pocket, whereas my previous Imago was spread over horizontal space. The overall size and weight difference while not cutting back on any of my EDC is astounding. I have finally hit the fifth stage of grieving steel 400d: accepting and warmly embracing black 400d.

As much as I LOVE black dyneema, I'm very tempted to trade it for Grey.

Comment

Ok - spring says COLOR!

Comment

Ironically, I had grey and just got black...

Comment

To follow up, I have not been equally as welcoming towards cordura.

Comment

Originally posted by kkintea View Post
                I have finally hit the fifth stage of grieving steel 400d: accepting and warmly embracing black 400d.
                Good to know it's possible. I have one of the steel 400d shop bags and every time I look at something that comes in black 400d I wish it were available in steel. It actually took a while for me to warm up to the idea of Dyneema as an exterior fabric, so I'm sure I can take that one step further and warm to the black. It's such a great fabric; I'm just adapting slowly to the white grid.

Comment

What does the rest of your pillow say? It looks humorous/inspiring/both.

Comment

Originally posted by marytattoo View Post
                    Ok - spring says COLOR!
                    But there is no red blend...

Comment

Pick something NOT gray, black, steel?

How about plum (my DLBP is awesome plum), French Blue, even Olive. ....
                      Last edited by marytattoo; 04-18-2015, 06:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GoStanford View Post
                        What does the rest of your pillow say? It looks humorous/inspiring/both.
                        "I know that God won't give me anything I can't handle. I just wish He didn't trust me so much."

My partner's family had been through a lot and they needed a little help getting through it.

Comment

Originally posted by marytattoo View Post
                          Pick something NOT gray, black, steel?

How about plum (my DLBP is awesome plum), French Blue, even Olive. ....
                          Not a fan of plum and I already have French Blue, Aubergine, Nordic, and shop bags in Iberian/UV dyneema, and more. I have lots of color. Grey is super gorgeous and would look beautiful with my Aubergine A30 and Nordic WF.

Comment

I did own a grey/steel (but sold for reasons unrelated to colour) and have just bought a grey/olive MCB. The grey corduroy is definitely the colour of the moment.
                            Looks professional
                            Goes well with lots of other 'bright colours'
                            Has a nice subtle shine to it that avoids a drab look.

Very cool

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                            Aeronaut 45 (Navy/NWS), A30 (Black/Island), Tristar (Steel/Island), Western Flyer (Steel/Island), Pilot (Steel/Island), Synapse 25 (Mars Red/NWS), Synapse 19 (Black/Island) & (Burnt Orange/Steel), Ristretto 11 (Navy/Steel), Small Cafe Bag (Navy/Steel) & (Mars Red/Dawn), Daylight Briefcase (Cloud/Dawn), Side Kick (Mars Red/Dawn), Travel Cubelet (Mars Red)

Comment

Originally posted by Pokilani View Post
                              Not a fan of plum and I already have French Blue, Aubergine, Nordic, and shop bags in Iberian/UV dyneema, and more. I have lots of color. Grey is super gorgeous and would look beautiful with my Aubergine A30 and Nordic WF.

Not a fan of plum?!? How can this be? I thought we were bag soul mates :-)

My plum DLBC will be here tomorrow! It's funny, when it was announced, I thought "meh, a briefcase," but now I am very much looking forward to receiving it. I blame these forums!

Comment

Working...
                              X