Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,586   Posts: 188,414   Members: 6,562   Active Members: 320
Welcome to our newest member, Arlene31H3.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

COLORS! Dyneema in a limited run of great colors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ilkyway View Post
    So lets have a bit "colorfull" FUN here:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]12211[/ATTACH]

The Stuff Sacks Size one are Iberian, Wasabi and Ultraviolet. Looks a bit like an Easterbasked, doesn't it? And than the world provided some Solar background for another picture. How nice of the world, right?

Island and go very well together. They are an equally nice pairing as I find Nordic and Solar. Just the right mix of cool and hot.

Ilkyway

PS: Don't recall what the COW color is called. Since it is not available at the moment I figure that is not too bad a thing? Just wanted to make a case for MORE PINK!
    The Clear Organizer Wallet is Azalea, and it goes beautifully with your Small Cafe Bag in Grey Cordura with Navy lining. Another great color with the Grey and Navy Parapack is Zest and Orange 152 -- these colors really stand out against the Navy and the Steel.

moriond

Comment

Originally posted by adalangdon View Post
      I wish that were true, but the latest blog post suggests otherwise. Source: "Northwest Sky? When the bags it’s available in are gone, it’ll be gone too."
      They've been known to change their minds. But yes, a good reminder not to sit on one's laurels when one finds a color one likes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Walker and trailrunner sadly I cant do your requests because I have no Sky (jet!) and no Orange 152. But I have a bit more Zest TT related FUN... what about it?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMB_3244.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	588.7 KB
ID:	296716

Name:	IMG_0827.JPG
Size:	871.9 KB
ID:	296717

Name:	IMG_0833.JPG
Size:	785.0 KB
ID:	296718

Name:	IMG_0846.JPG
Size:	638.4 KB
ID:	296719

The colors in the headphone shot are off, sorry about that.

Ilkyway
        “Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.”

By Sir Terence David John Pratchett from The Truth

Comment

Originally posted by Ilkyway View Post
          Walker and trailrunner sadly I cant do your requests because I have no Sky (jet!) and no Orange 152. But I have a bit more Zest TT related FUN... what about it?
          Now this is what I meant about sports fans - OK, the exact shade may vary, but c'mon! It's blue and orange! Ilkyway, your photos are just so great!

Comment

Originally posted by trailrunner View Post
            Anyone have a picture showing how Zest compares with Orange 152? I just ordered a couple of Zest accessories and curious how they might look with my SCB.
            @trailrunner, This picture does not do justice to the color tones of Zest and Orange 152, but it's the only one I have available on my iPhone while I'm away on travel:

Name:	IMG_1508.jpg
Size:	764.0 KB
ID:	296721

This is a Small Cafe Bag in Grey/Navy with an Orange 152 3D Organizer Cube and a Travel Tray in Zest. The NorthWest Sky Travel Stuff Sack in the upper left also goes really well with these colors.

I'm not particularly an Orange fan, but Zest, as another poster mentioned, is a color that grabs you. I also think that Orange 152 is very vivid used as an accessory. The one color combination that I think can surpass Orange 152 with the above SCB, in my mind, is my Azalea 3DOC and COW (or Double Organizer Pouch).

Oh, and Northwest Sky also looks great with subtly muted colors like the old Storm Cordura.

HTH

moriond

Comment

I would love a DLBP in that beautiful Island dyneema, darn! Love the new colors though :)
              Family, Guitar, Design, Travel....get after it!

Comment

COLORS! Dyneema in a limitid run of great colors

I'm trying to reduce my order from one of each in each Zest and Island.

Currently can't decide between "pick one" shop bag. The main issue is that I've wanted both of these colors for a long time.

Just not a shop bag until seeing one this weekend.
                Last edited by darwin; 06-16-2015, 12:50 PM.

Comment

Some last bits and bobs...

Name:	IMB_1754.JPG
Size:	857.1 KB
ID:	296725

Name:	IMB_2028.JPG
Size:	840.0 KB
ID:	296726

Name:	IMG_0054.JPG
Size:	718.2 KB
ID:	296727

Name:	IMG_0853.JPG
Size:	833.7 KB
ID:	296728

One last attempet to make you all crave m&m's as I did when I saw these GOURGES colors! ;-)

ETA: the Shop Bag in the car is a great way to have everything for a long trip near by and content in one place.
                  The Spiff Kitt Standart is in Steel.

Ilkyway
                  “Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.”

Comment

And here my last color shot of the day: How great do this gras-eater (have forgotten the english word) and that Travel Tray look together???

Name:	IMB_3281.JPG
Size:	779.0 KB
ID:	296729

And with this picture I rest my case: Tom Bihn and his Desinger Team have a great taste in colors and KNOW how to have FUN.

Ilkyway

Comment

lawnmower!

Comment

I think I made a mistake by not ordering anything in NW Sky...

Comment

I am very exited about that color too. As soon as it is here I will start a campange for this color to come for stay! I would love to have a lighter grey as an interior color for bags.

Ilkyway

Comment

Zest speaks to my heart. I love orange!

Subliminal message... Put zest in every bag. Ballistic steel/zest. Navy/zest. Even black/zest. I would buy them all.

Comment

I was apparently so happy about the new Island color that I ordered a shop bag and a travel tray! Even if I don't use the shop bag for regular shopping, I can see it being put to use for vacation trips. The TT will work nicely to contain my yarn -- at least that's how I'm justifying the purchase ---

Comment

Originally posted by prairiegl View Post
                                I was apparently so happy about the new Island color that I ordered a shop bag and a travel tray! Even if I don't use the shop bag for regular shopping, I can see it being put to use for vacation trips. The TT will work nicely to contain my yarn -- at least that's how I'm justifying the purchase ---
                                Both items are SO versitail in use that I can not see how you will regreat this purchase. I was kind of late to these two and after I got them I was duh... They are so great for all kinds of purposes.

Ilkyway

Comment

Working...
                                X