Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,824   Posts: 191,294   Members: 6,694   Active Members: 260
Welcome to our newest member, willydgil.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The new Citizen Canine in a non Canine use

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The new Citizen Canine in a non Canine use

Some of you know: at the moment I am without a dog. This will change in the future I am sure of it but until than I found a niche for the new CC to use anyway:

Most of the time it rides in a shop bag with my entertainment... Kindle, iPad mini, MP3 player and "stuff" I like it because I do not neet to take these things everywhere but I have them all contained in one place.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMB_3206.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	585.9 KB
ID:	311692

Look: Cats like it too ;-) Or so I do not know if she is showing the back her tunge... maybe we need a citizen feline too

Name:	IMB_3214.JPG
Size:	840.3 KB
ID:	311693

Name:	IMB_3218.JPG
Size:	442.5 KB
ID:	311694

Name:	IMB_3230.JPG
Size:	628.5 KB
ID:	311695

For thouse of you who wonder what might be in the red tinn I orderd after reseaching (a good year ago) what tpnl's avatar meant.

Name:	IMB_3231.JPG
Size:	548.9 KB
ID:	311696

Ilkyway
    “Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.”

By Sir Terence David John Pratchett from The Truth

That's a pretty color & trim combo.

Comment

The CC has a nifty little mechanism in its back where you can hang the poo-bag roll. I took mine out after tpnl had said that I could do it without cutting or breaking anything. After that I threaded a short keystrap with a snap and an O-ring through the fabric loop that was holding the poo-bag roll holder. Now I have an O-ring in there. I can fit a double Organizer Pouch small in there. This is not a good place (at least for me) for something I would need sevel time through out a day. At least with that pouch, since it takes a bit of wriggeling to get it in and out. But for securing papers and extra money: GREAT. And a Clear Organizer Walet goes in and out with no stress.

Name:	IMG_1428.JPG
Size:	531.6 KB
ID:	296699

Name:	IMG_1429.JPG
Size:	391.5 KB
ID:	296700

Name:	IMG_1430.JPG
Size:	527.9 KB
ID:	296701

Name:	IMG_1431.JPG
Size:	670.4 KB
ID:	296702

Name:	IMG_1432.JPG
Size:	811.7 KB
ID:	296703

Ilkyway
      “Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.”

Comment

And here you can see that very same pouch inside the CC. This is on the backside of the bag of cause.

Name:	IMG_1433.JPG
Size:	446.9 KB
ID:	296705

Ilkyway

Next Post will be: Size comparison: Small Cafe Bag, Side Effect and CC ;-)

Comment

Ilkyway, your wonderful photos and explanations make it very hard to resist this bag. Arggh!

Comment

So lets do that size comparision since the CC can be a PLO and no mistake: So here it goes a Grey Small Cafe Bag the CC and a Navy Side Effect.

Name:	IMB_3291.JPG
Size:	745.4 KB
ID:	296713

Ilkyway

Comment

I used a strap from a FJN to show you how the CC looks cross body. Just a reminder: I am 6,2". And very obviosly I have lost my head...

Name:	IMB_3294.JPG
Size:	690.3 KB
ID:	296714

Name:	IMB_3297.JPG
Size:	636.4 KB
ID:	296715

Ilkyway

Comment

Here is the CC in a shop bag. This is how it gets dragged throughout the house, into the garden and in the car. And if need be it can fit in front of the Smal Cafe Bag or Little Shop Bag or whatever I am using in my Smart Alec just in front of this "inner" bag.

Name:	IMB_3182.JPG
Size:	905.0 KB
ID:	296720

ETA: here is the TT on top of my yellow camara protectin thingy. Works great.

Name:	IMB_3179.JPG
Size:	766.5 KB
ID:	296724

Ilkyway
                Last edited by Ilkyway; 06-16-2015, 11:49 AM.

Comment

In the very first photo, that color looks more plum, but the others look more true to what seems like aubergine.

My dog has, ummm -- color coordinated accessories. LOL His tote and water jug we take when we board him is more of a plum color -- the current version of the CC would probably clash with that I would guess?

I've been wanting to take our dog hiking, but hubby is worried about paw injuries. I'm pondering whether I can justify the CC purchase, but I really do like the design. It was helpful to me to see the size comparison with a SCB also.

Comment

prairiegl if the plum of your accessories is plum as in Tom Bihn Plum than this CC would clash with it. It is Aubergine in name and color and I do not like it next to my Plum from Tom Bihn.
                    As for the paw injuries: you know there are cute paw protetice sock/shoes for dogs? Your dog would love it out there!

Ilkyway

Comment

Hmmm did not think much about staying color true here because so many of us have seen Aubergine before... But here are some better pictures - color-whise that is:

Name:	IMB_3263.JPG
Size:	656.0 KB
ID:	296722

Name:	IMB_3269.JPG
Size:	676.3 KB
ID:	296723

Ilkyway

Comment

Originally posted by Ilkyway View Post
                        Some of you know: at the moment I am without a dog. This will change in the future I am sure of it but until than I found a niche for the new CC to use anyway:

Ilkyway
                        Here I was, thinking that the Citizen Canine would be a purchase in the future, maybe after I'd gotten some other items on my wish list. These pictures are making me reconsider! ;) (I've got to quit checking the forum. There's a temptation to buy more than what has already been ordered!) Haha!
                        Bring back Solar, pretty please? BRIGHT interior colours make me happy! **Team SolarSitkaWasabiZest**

Comment

Ilkyway, you have such a knack for making me want MORE BAGS! The CC is too cute as a shoulder bag! May be adding that on to fall debut when the cross body bag comes out! And the aubergine/coyote is a great combo.

Comment

I actually seriously considered getting one for the pet I will never have. A good thing they did not have one in zest. :) And I am not even an orange person.

Comment

Walker, you and me both!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X