Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,824   Posts: 191,294   Members: 6,694   Active Members: 260
Welcome to our newest member, willydgil.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The new Citizen Canine in a non Canine use

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by viewsnortheast View Post
    LOL, good thing my order is shipped already otherwise I would be sold...
    Ditto! I had such a small window at 1pm EDT that I skipped right over the CC ("I don't have a dog so never mind".) Should have known better.

The speedy shipping is amazing, but now I might need to make 2nd order to get that LSB in Island after all (I ordered it in NWS instead.) Hmm...

Comment

Originally posted by ladyleo View Post
      You're killing me. Now I want an SA!! And a CC!
      This setup must look espeacily great in coyote as it all "melts" into each other.

Ilkyway
      “Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.”

By Sir Terence David John Pratchett from The Truth

Comment

I've been wanting a SA for the last month but I have no use for it!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Comment

marytattoo the Smart Alec is around for a long time now. If it where ever to go away Darcy would surely give us a heads up. And even than... there must be a lot of them on the second hand marked. Why not consider the SA as a pack that sits on the shops shelf untill your NEED it? I hope I am not stepping on your toes with this. But you keep saying that you have no use for it... It will be there for purchase WHEN you need it.

Ilkyway
          Last edited by Ilkyway; 06-16-2015, 02:50 PM.
          “Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.”

Comment

Originally posted by Ilkyway View Post
            marytattoo the Smart Alec is around for a long time now. If it where ever to go away Darcy would surely give us a heads up. And even than... there must be a lot of them on the second hand marked. Why not consider the SA as a pack that sits on the shops shelf untill your NEED it? I hope I am not stepping on your toes with this. But you keep saying that you have no use for it... It will be there for purchase WHEN you need it.

Ilkyway
            No toe-stepping! I'm holding off. BUT - no one's talked about the new "doggie duffle".

???

Comment

@ilkyway, if you ever moved to Seattle, I think you'd be hired in PR in an instant. @Moriond would be archivist.

Comment

Thanks for the pictures Ilkyway! I'm thinking this might even be a good water bottle carrier plus minimal EDC (wallet, keys, phone) for casual walks to parks or playground with a child.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by WenV View Post
                  Thanks for the pictures Ilkyway! I'm thinking this might even be a good water bottle carrier plus minimal EDC (wallet, keys, phone) for casual walks to parks or playground with a child.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Sigh......that wears down my resistance even more. We do a lot of walking/short hiking on the weekends and carrying water, a snack, wallet, phone or camera, and keys is a challenge. I have been using an SE but don't like the waist strap. Seems as if the CC would work quite well for this purpose.

I figure I'll have one ordered by tomorrow. At the latest.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

So, just out of curiosity (yeah right) does anyone have an opinion whether the belt clips would clip nicely on an airplane seat back pocket so that it could be used as an in flight bag?

Comment

Originally posted by brendabethman View Post
                      Sigh......that wears down my resistance even more. We do a lot of walking/short hiking on the weekends and carrying water, a snack, wallet, phone or camera, and keys is a challenge. I have been using an SE but don't like the waist strap. Seems as if the CC would work quite well for this purpose.

I figure I'll have one ordered by tomorrow. At the latest.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                      I'm trying to figure out how to order again. Thinking the CC might work well in either the glove compartment or console in my car to organize. My recently departed Ford Escape could hold 1 person (me) and if I cleared off the passenger seat, someone else. The back seats/floor were completely filled with STUFF, as was the back end. My mantra now is "this car will stay neat". So I'm justify--er, FINDING ways to use new TB stuff to make neatness happen.

Comment

Originally posted by ludovicus View Post
                        you know I think this size would be great for chalk bag for those of us who does rock climbing/wall climbing. if I can attach carabiner to it it works perfectly I think!
                        ludovicus I have NO idea what rock climbing/wall climbing would require so I just took a picture for you that I thought might be of some help. I "installed" four different carabina-thingys I had handy (non is for climbing though) and pulled the inner sack out so to show how easy this bag would be cleaned.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMB_3322.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	876.4 KB
ID:	296746

Let me know if I am thinking wrong here and an other kind of picture would be of more help.

Ilkyway

Comment

Originally posted by brendabethman View Post
                          Enabling alert!! :-)

Serious question -- would the main pocket hold a 24 ounce Contigo water bottle? If it does, I might indeed get one.
                          brendabethman my bottles are all Kleen Kanteen, that means round and hard. I am not a person who would transport water in a Side Effect so I have seen many people with gread ways to do so. I think a flat bottle or a colapseble bottle would work much better here. I do not feel to compftable having my phone in there with that hard round thing. But it can be done and I took some pictures. The bottle is a 27 ounce (800 ml) bottle. They have shorter once that would of cause not peak out that much. And here are the bare essentials that I would want to have with me on any hike:

Name:	IMB_3317.JPG
Size:	642.9 KB
ID:	296747

Name:	IMB_3320.JPG
Size:	686.7 KB
ID:	296748

Ilkyway

Again: there must be better bottles out there to do this.

Comment

Thanks, @Ilkyway -- that is super helpful! My bottle is shorter so I think this might be just what I've been looking for.

Comment

And here is what I would carry in it for a hike. I would have at least a Daylight Backpack on my back for extra layers, water and a camera though. But I like to have a small bag at the front accompanieng the backpack because there are always these small things that I want to reach often and quickly without taking of the backpack ever so often:

Name:	IMB_3309.JPG
Size:	742.3 KB
ID:	296749

Name:	IMB_3313.JPG
Size:	791.7 KB
ID:	296750

In the main compartment there is still room left. This feels very much like a vertical Side Effect and since both are at 1.5 L there is a good reason for that :-)
                              I like the desing of this little bag very much. It is so full of features that there are many many possibiltys to set this up.

Here is a place I use as an attachmentpoint for keystraps. Since the main compartment with me ist mostly open (cant be botherd to sinch it shut every time I get something out) I like to have the CC either in a larger bag (everything that might fall out would just fall into the larger bag) or secured everything importent via keystraps:

Name:	IMB_3307.JPG
Size:	799.2 KB
ID:	296751

Ilkyway

PS: I have one thing that prevents me from using this as a PLO. I do not wear ANY warm colors and coyote is warm. That makes the webbing stand out against me SO MUCH. I see the astethics and I find the all coyote CC to look particularly interesting (in a way like I can admire many things from afar kind of way) but could I have a wish I had the webbing either black or (if that fairy ever came around) in gray. That said: after showing you a variaty of things this bag can do I will now see what I can do to the bag to make it at least less coyote... (If you do not hear from me again... I got through out ;-))

Comment

Originally posted by Ilkyway View Post
                                brendabethman my bottles are all Kleen Kanteen, that means round and hard. I am not a person who would transport water in a Side Effect so I have seen many people with gread ways to do so. I think a flat bottle or a colapseble bottle would work much better here. I do not feel to compftable having my phone in there with that hard round thing. But it can be done and I took some pictures. The bottle is a 27 ounce (800 ml) bottle. They have shorter once that would of cause not peak out that much.
                                Yes, I agree about water and the Side Effect -- and in fact do not carry my bottle in it. Instead, I have one of these:

Name:	41vaSjcJlQL.jpg
Size:	16.5 KB
ID:	296753

Which means carrying two bags and that is a bit of a pain, so I'm thinking the CC could be my one-bag solution. I've tried backpacks for hiking, but we don't really go on long enough walks/hikes to bother with a backpack, so I've been looking for a cross-body bag for this purpose.

Comment

Working...
                                X