Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,827   Posts: 191,329   Members: 6,703   Active Members: 266
Welcome to our newest member, zacattac.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The new Citizen Canine in a non Canine use

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by marytattoo View Post
    Do you only carry water? I often carry my contigo travel mugs (2 at a time) in a #3 SS. A hack might be to attach a shoulder strap to the drawstring and carry crossbody that way. Not as fun as the CC, but maybe a work around. Also, if only carrying one, a COW and keys would fit inside. Also a cell phone.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    Yes, I only carry water -- and while I think this could work from a "does it all fit?" perspective, I don't like having my phone and wallet in the same pocket (thinking of the TSS as a big pocket here) as my sweating water bottle. So I ordered the CC and will give it a try. I'm viewing the CC as like the PU -- a bag intended for one purpose that ends up solving my completely unrelated problem.

Comment

I love your modifications Ilkyway! If (when) I give in to temptation I will steal them!

Comment

Originally posted by Ilkyway View Post
        marrytattoo for which carrying option did you go if you dont mind my asking.

Ilkyway
        As a vertical SE - a shoulder bag of sorts.

Comment

Originally posted by brendabethman View Post
          Yes, I only carry water -- and while I think this could work from a "does it all fit?" perspective, I don't like having my phone and wallet in the same pocket (thinking of the TSS as a big pocket here) as my sweating water bottle. So I ordered the CC and will give it a try. I'm viewing the CC as like the PU -- a bag intended for one purpose that ends up solving my completely unrelated problem.
          If it doesn't serve the purpose, then maybe a #1 SS inside with small items? FWIW my contigo travel mug doesn't sweat or leak. I throw it everywhere and I love it because of no sweaty rings. It keeps things cold/cool with/without ice. I carry water in one and coffee in another.net

Last edited by marytattoo; 06-18-2015, 08:01 AM.

Comment

As a vertical SE - a shoulder bag of sorts.

What I meant: which of the three options did you chose a. Hipbelt, b. Shoulderstrap or c. Claps to go on a belt.

Ilkyway
            “Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.”

By Sir Terence David John Pratchett from The Truth

Comment

If it doesn't serve the purpose, then maybe a #1 SS inside with small items? FWIW my contigo travel mug doesn't sweat or leak. I throw it everywhere and I love it because of no sweaty rings. It keeps things cold/cool with/without ice. I carry water in one and coffee in another.net

What I meant was that with both the PU and CC, I am buying and using them for purposed unrelated to the purpose for which they were designed. In the PU's case, it's original design is as a diaper bag, but I use it as gym bag. With the CC, the plan is to use it as a bag for short hikes, not dog walks/training (as we all know, I am on Team Kitty). And with both, I have long been looking for solutions (went through multiple gym bags -- and multiple hiking bags as well), but didn't find one until these bags were released. Does that make sense?

(And yes, I am already assuming, based on @Ilkyway's photos, that the CC is going to be just perfect. Already looking forward to using it on the Fourth of July weekend!)

ETA: Also, with both of these bags, my original thought was "I don't need this bag as I don't have kids (or a dog)." But once people started posting about the ways they were using these bags in other ways, I was hooked. So I blame/thank the forums for these purchases :-)

Comment

What I meant: which of the three options did you chose a. Hipbelt, b. Shoulderstrap or c. Claps to go on a belt.

Ilkyway
                @Ilkyway I know you weren't asking me, but just in case you're interested, I went with b. Shoulder strap figuring that way I could use it both for hiking and as a minimalist PLO.

Comment

Wow, Ilkyway, thanks!

Like Ilkyway, I am unusually particular when it comes to colors. And while I love the man & dog silhouette, the multi-color background is a little too much for me. I was trying to pick a color that matched the tag, but now maybe I don't have to do that.

So I've got 3 (three!) CCs on the way: coyote, steel, verde. So I can see the colors in real life.

I wish I had the bag today. Took the pup to the vet for a routine visit. So I had a treat waist pouch, and then the Side effect. But sometimes I had to slide one bag around to get to the other. It would have been great to have one bag with treats, wallet, keys, phone, & some misc.

I ordered all 3 carrying methods. I know I want the cross body strap, and I'm curious to see how high/low the bag hangs with the waist strap and the belt clips.
                  What's better than o-rings? More o-rings.

Comment

K9TB would you mesure the lengs of the CC weist strap against the lengs of a Side Effect weist strap if you have one of thouse?
                    And I would love to hear about these clamps. They look quite interesting.

Oh and a picture of all three together? And if there where to be a dog in that picture... I woulf not mind at all ;-). No pressure of cause. I envy you the possibility to return stuff. From here the postage would be so much that there is no sence in that.

Ilkyway
                    “Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.”

Comment

Ilkyway
                      Oh - shoulder strap. I doubt a waist strap would fit my love handles, and I never wear a belt.

Comment

I am bid weird when it comes to collors. I like when they harmonice. Warm colors with warm and cool colors with cool. The ony exaption to that is with complementair colors: purples with greens, blue with yellow..
                        That all said: the CC as I have it is a clash of colors in my eyes.

[...]

Still, if a fairy would grand me a whish I'd whish for gray trimming but like this I can wear the bag.
                        Originally posted by K9TB View Post
                        Wow, Ilkyway, thanks!

Like Ilkyway, I am unusually particular when it comes to colors. And while I love the man & dog silhouette, the multi-color background is a little too much for me. I was trying to pick a color that matched the tag, but now maybe I don't have to do that.
                        Colorwise I can relate so much with Ilkyway and K9TB. Seeing the photos of Tom and Kasper I like the outdoorsy look of the Guide's Pack and the Citizen Canine very much.
                        If I were to carry one of the Skookum bags in everyday life or for travel though, the coyote trims and the label would really bother me! Whenever I went to the Skookum site in the past I thought about the duffel bags as (car) travel bags but then always the color of the trim and handles made it a no go. As to the label K9TB has said it very well!

So I second Ilkyway's wish for a gray trimming wholeheartedly and understand her modifications "for the non canine use" :)

Comment

Ilkyway, my CCs are still in transit, but when they arrive I would be happy to measure the strap and tell you more about the carry options. I do have a side effect, errr make that three (Nordic/solar, navy parapack/solar, and black ballistic )

Excuse me while I kiss Nordic/solar good night.
                          What's better than o-rings? More o-rings.

Comment

@marytattoo Is this the Contigo travel mug you own?

If yes, could you see if it fits in the CC, please? I'm thinking it might work better than the taller water bottle I own. And it's orange! :-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by brendabethman View Post
                              @marytattoo Is this the Contigo travel mug you own?

If yes, could you see if it fits in the CC, please? I'm thinking it might work better than the taller water bottle I own. And it's orange! :-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                              Brenda, it fits perfectly. Mine is in stainless steel, and I have 2 sizes. I think the shorter one is what you have (size is worn off of mine). And, they do not sweat.

[IMG][/IMG]

It is inside the CC in the first picture, btw.

Comment

This picture made me remember last Christmas. I hope this is the same? I would not like that because it would bulge too much but in each picture there is my iPhone 6 in the zipper pocket (with a not too slim a case) and my flashlight, knife, key and a micro pouch with mony in the front pouch with the button. Oh and a headphone (from my phone) cramped in the backpocked where the poobag would go.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMB_3337.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	756.4 KB
ID:	296832

Name:	IMB_3338.JPG
Size:	404.2 KB
ID:	296833

This bottle is a bit high but it is much slimer in profile and therefor works much better. And you get more space next to it to use for other things. But I wouls probably try one of thous vapour (?) bottles too. They might be the best choice here.

Name:	IMB_3339.JPG
Size:	735.8 KB
ID:	296834

Name:	IMB_3340.JPG
Size:	736.8 KB
ID:	296835

Hope this helps,
                                Ilkyway

Comment

Working...
                                X