Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,827   Posts: 191,329   Members: 6,703   Active Members: 266
Welcome to our newest member, zacattac.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The new Citizen Canine in a non Canine use

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can have the OP in there without attaching it to any kind of O-Ring, that is right. I just am very... savety-oriented? And yes: I undid the stiching of the logo and than cut as near as opssible to the two edges for the upper webbing with a tiny pair of sissers so I could get as near... well as possible again :-)

Ilkyway

PS: it is not an invisable alteration but it is not in your face either. I don't regreat it.
    “Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.”

By Sir Terence David John Pratchett from The Truth

Comment

Originally posted by Ilkyway View Post
      You can have the OP in there without attaching it to any kind of O-Ring, that is right. I just am very... savety-oriented? And yes: I undid the stiching of the logo and than cut as near as opssible to the two edges for the upper webbing with a tiny pair of sissers so I could get as near... well as possible again :-)

Ilkyway

PS: it is not an invisable alteration but it is not in your face either. I don't regreat it.
      How nerve-racking was it to cut your TB?

I for one nominate you to be awarded a trip to Seattle to do photos for TB. You are the best. (no disrespect to anyone else). A great artistic eye.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Comment

Sorry, tried to do two things at once here, therefore the double post.
        Oh and I replaced the pullcord with TB Ultraviolet one. I love that cord!

As for the neve-racking... Without the alterations I would have used this bag only inside a bag as an organisation pouch. But I WANTED to try the hip-bag possibilitys. So my math went: the bag in bag solutions stays if I do something regreatable. AND I do alter bags... I see it this way: The desinger has many great thoughts and does the best bag he/she can think of. But maybe my usage varys from what they thought? Or I have a good thought too? Well how is a person to do THE perfect bag for EVERYBODY? I would never expect that. I have the greatest respeckt for the brainpower and sweat that goes into TB desings and I have you know: these bags I have not felt much need for alterations.

But with the CC I have no cool/neutral option due to the coyote they chose as a desing element. But I like the bag so much that I want to use it. So I alter a bit and live with a bit as a kind of compromise. AND still hope that I am not offending because I LOVE this bag!

Ilkyway
        Last edited by Ilkyway; 06-21-2015, 12:37 PM.
        “Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.”

Comment

As for the photos: thank you for the compliment but I have seen SO many great pictures here! You have seen many of mine due to your joining date but I would not want any more kredit than many many others here are intilted to. And I could learn A LOT from Darcy on picture taking.

Ilkyway

Comment

As for the neve-racking... Without the alterations I would have used this bag only inside a bag as an organisation pouch. But I WANTED to try the hip-bag possibilitys. So my math went: the bag in bag solutions stays if I do something regreatable. AND I do alter bags... I see it this way: The desinger has many great thoughts and does the best bag he/she can think of. But maybe my usage varys from what they thought? Or I have a good thought too? Well how is a person to do THE perfect bag for EVERYBODY? I would never expect that. I have the greatest respeckt for the brainpower and sweat that goes into TB desings and I have you know: these bags I have not felt much need for alterations.

But with the CC I have no cool/neutral option due to the coyote they chose as a desing element. But I like the bag so much that I want to use it. So I alter a bit and live with a bit as a kind of compromise. AND still hope that I am not offending because I LOVE this bag!

Ilkyway
            I doubt you are offending anyone. You expand the possibilities. I did notice the UV cord and will check into doing the same as I love UV. And taking embroidery scissors to at least the logo. It's cute and I could live with it, but I don't have a dog and probably won't.

Comment

I have kept mine, it lives now in the clear Organizer Walet in the front so that I can still see it :-) (I am talking about the logo of cause)

Ilkyway

Comment

Ilkyway
                All of the cording on the web page are zipper pulls. How does one get a longer cord?

Comment

Originally posted by marytattoo View Post
                  All of the cording on the web page are zipper pulls. How does one get a longer cord?

There are 5yd lengths of cord on the website under cord zipper pulls in the older dyneema colors plus coyote and black.

Comment

Ilkyway
                    I really love your CC, I feel the same way about Coyote and was pleasantly surprised when I saw more Aubergine in your photos, even before registering, in my brain, the alterations that made it possible.

I love the logo and would not remove it because, I am terrible with precision cutting anything and would be afraid of pocking something, if I attempted to remove the Coyote strip above the flap pocket but... this has given me an idea, using UV Paracord or other colors to make a mini crisscrossed accent color a la Smart Alec.

The skills of somebody knowledgeable in Paracord knots would be needed.

Comment

I am no good with anything crafty. But I have a great little tool that lets me undo stiching without using sizzers and without any possiblity to do harm. It is late over here but will post a picture of that tool tomorrow. I am sure it is widle known.

Ilkyway

Comment

Originally posted by marytattoo View Post
                        Here is the taller one inside - it is my water one cos it keeps things cold/cool all day, with/without ice and doesn't get things wet:

Here is the shorter one, which is my coffee one.

Can't even see the mug in the 2nd one.

And no, by the time I finally sent my post, yours had posted. So, the more the merrier!

I'm not sure yet about keeping it. I'm leaning towards yes, but am still not sure. For use as a purse - the unintended use, I know - the drawstring even tucked inside is kind of in my way.

Thank you for the water bottles tip!

Comment

Originally posted by tpnl View Post
                          Sorry I am bit late to the debut party with this post but here are a few pictures of how I hooked up my CC to my SA. I used 2 1.5" single gatekeeper clips. Now, I just checked the TB website and they do not seem to be listed anymore so I think @moriond's idea of using Grimloc Locking D-Rings is a good substitute. Basically hook up the Single Gatekeeper or Grimloc to the SA LMP upper loops and the also to the CC back loops.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]12348[/ATTACH]

I find in this configuration, it is an easy way to have access to your water bottle / coffee mug. The fact that there is a interior "skirt" in the main compartment that can be tightened allows you to secure your mug fairly well. I was actually able to squeeze in one of those large 1 L thermoses (but tight).
                          I also love the attachment loop for a Guardian light - great way to add a light to your SA with the CC.
                          You could also use it for easy access to dog treats or even an improptu water bowl for you pet.

Also, just in case people were wondering how big the zippered pocket was, there is plenty of room for the biggest of smartphone. Mine is a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 and there is lots of extra room:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]12349[/ATTACH]

I really love the versatility of the CC. I love the use as a binocular case. I do some bird watching and that would be a perfect use. I could even put some bird seed in the front pocket.

Hope this helps stir the ideas - keep them coming.

Cheers!
                          Such a great idea to pair those two!

Comment

Originally posted by brendabethman View Post
                            Right? I'm looking at this thread and thinking that it would make a great walking/short hikes bag. And then I remember that I have the side effect for that. But I want one anyway.
                            My thoughts exactly! I love the SBC for walking in our local park but it is too dressy and a bit too big for the occasion, the CC seems to be the perfect size!

Comment

I am no good with anything crafty. But I have a great little tool that lets me undo stiching without using sizzers and without any possiblity to do harm. It is late over here but will post a picture of that tool tomorrow. I am sure it is widle known.

Ilkyway
                              Is it a seam ripper? There are small seam rippers in fabric stores, very inexpensive, for slipping behind threads to cut the threads.

Comment

Originally posted by threeteez View Post
                                There are 5yd lengths of cord on the website under cord zipper pulls in the older dyneema colors plus coyote and black.
                                Thanks - I never scrolled down that far. If only I'd known yesterday when I placed my order (which shipped today!).

Comment

Working...
                                X