Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,823   Posts: 191,279   Members: 6,721   Active Members: 266
Welcome to our newest member, willydgil.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Cafe Bag sized Freudnian Slips in non Cafe Bags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Cafe Bag sized Freudnian Slips in non Cafe Bags

I too have played around with other bags to see, what fits. More pictures of the three sized Freudian Slips also together with the three Cafe Bags are here: http://forums.tombihn.com/photos-vid...ification.html

I want to start with the Daylight Backpack (DLBP)

Click image for larger version

Name:	PCBP 2.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	643.0 KB
ID:	311904

Name:	PCBP 1.JPG
Size:	704.9 KB
ID:	311903

The Small size fits great in the upper shingled pocket, the Medium size in the lower one and for an organisational overcill you than can put the Large size in the main compartment.

The medium will also fit in the front compartment NOT so the Large one.

This to me adds hugely to the versitality of this minimalistic backpack. It is like a modular att on, which I can use or leve at home according to what the day requires.

Ilkyway
    Last edited by Ilkyway; 10-06-2015, 01:06 PM.
    “Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.”

By Sir Terence David John Pratchett from The Truth

I know that the Synapses have their own dedicatet Freudian Slips but I feel, that the medium makes sense in that top-open pocket in the main compartment for when you want the main compartment for larger stuff and still would like some extra organisation:

Name:	S19-MCB 1.JPG
Size:	674.0 KB
ID:	297486

Name:	S19-MCB 2.JPG
Size:	660.9 KB
ID:	297487

in the first picture my poor husband, who was my very helpfull assistand in takeing these pictures, lifted the Medium FS a bit so you can see which one it is and how it fits. The second picture shows, how deep it sinks in there.

Ilkyway
    “Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.”

Comment

Here come the Swift and the Little Swift: The Swift can, as moriond has shown too, swallow the Large size. The Little Swift gets an organisational upgrade with the Small size.

Name:	Swift-LCB LS-SCB 1.JPG
Size:	672.2 KB
ID:	297488

Name:	Swift-LCB LS-SCB 2.JPG
Size:	626.9 KB
ID:	297489

Name:	Swift-LCB LS-SCB 3.JPG
Size:	699.7 KB
ID:	297490

Name:	Swift-LCB LS-SCB 4.JPG
Size:	602.0 KB
ID:	297491

Ilkyway

Comment

And the last picture I took is from the Small size inside a Co Pilot:

Name:	IMB_4066.JPG
Size:	764.8 KB
ID:	297492

This is a nice fith hight and even so it does not go all they way across it adds organisation.

Ilkyway

Comment

Ilkyway, You are a Star !!!

Comment

Thanks whisper but I rather have that compliment go to Tom Bihn and the crew.

Comment

what do you think of the medium compared to the small FS in the LS? seems there are different views on the best fit with that one. oh, and does the small FS fit a water bottle in the mesh pocket like the medium one will? thanks, ilkyway.

EDIT-nevermind, I see discussion on this in Badger's thread.
              Last edited by luvdabags; 10-06-2015, 04:02 PM.

Comment

Awesome photos, Ilkyway! Please thank your husband for us. Now I see that I should have ordered two of each of the new FS. Thank you! elisa

Comment

I can justify all of them. If I go with one, it'll be the Medium.

Comment

A question about these new "mini Slips", if I may:

I often go to business meetings, and serve as an officer on business committees. I tend to carry standard-size note-taking ruled filler paper (10.5 x 8 inches) in my mini-briefcase. If I switched to a backpack, and carried one of these slips, would any of them be able to hold this kind of filler paper, or perhaps a Letter-size ruled rip-off tablet? If so, which of these slips could hold these kinds of paper?

Thanks in advance.
                    Owner of: Brain Bag backpack (Black), Field Journal Notebook (Blue), Snake Charmer (Small, Orange), Super Ego briefcase (Black / Indigo / Steel) with Reflective Strip, Brain Cell (Steel), Horizontal Freudian Slip, various Organizer Pouches and Key Straps, and a Side Effect (Black / Wassabi) worn as a belt-style hip-pack.

Comment

Originally posted by MtnMan View Post

I often go to business meetings, and serve as an officer on business committees. I tend to carry standard-size note-taking ruled filler paper (10.5 x 8 inches) in my mini-briefcase. If I switched to a backpack, and carried one of these slips, would any of them be able to hold this kind of filler paper, or perhaps a Letter-size ruled rip-off tablet? If so, which of these slips could hold these kinds of paper?

Thanks in advance.
                      Yes, the Large Cafe Bag Freudian Sliplet can hold standard U.S. letter size paper (and European A4 size paper) in its back pockets. The Medium Cafe Bag size Freudian Sliplet can almost do this (falls short by about 22-23 mm), but since it fits into my Little Swift, I'm using that for the instances when I need to carrry standard letter size papers (backed by the Freudian Slip) in that tote bag, and have the paper stick up just a bit over the top of that bag. (I'm also using one of the mesh pockets to hold a 16 oz. Zojurushi thermos inside the tote). However, the quick answer for you is that you want the FS Slip for the Large Cafe Bag for that purpose.

HTH

moriond

Comment

@MtnMan - the Large FS will carry a 26.7 cm x 20.3 cm (10.5" x 8") 100 page notebook in the zippered back pocket (need to lift the zipper over the notebook to get it in) or the open back pockets. The Medium FS will just barely carry the above notebook in the open back pockets.

Here is a picture of it in the Large FS and Cadet - you can see the top of the notebook in the picture:

Here is that same notebook pulled up a bit in a medium FS - pushed down it just clears the top of the Medium FS.

Hope this helps

Cheers!
                        Last edited by tpnl; 10-06-2015, 09:50 PM.
                        TB Ballistic Black/Iberian Dyneema backpacks and briefcases for every occasion together with my cherished Nordic and Solar Dyneema!

Comment

Originally posted by MtnMan View Post

Thanks in advance.
                          Badger says that on the open pocket side of the LCB Mini Freudian Slip, an A4 pad of paper fits. A4 is the European equivalent of Letter size except it is a bit longer, so a Letter size notepad or a dozen sheets of Letter size filler paper should work.

I am always nervous about crumpling filler or copy paper so I am going to add to your pointed question by asking if a Large OP or a slim letter size folder would fit on the open pocket side of the LCB Freudian Slip, or is it more prudent to use a notepad?

Comment

Great photo @tpnl. I really like how you use the smaller (dimensionally smaller than the main compartment of Cadet) FS in your Cadet. I find it the combo is amazingly interesting.

Like @Darcy hinted initially, I'm sure the 3 Debuted FS really push the habit of being organized to further extreme. At the same time, empower everyone the creativity of mix and match the right FS with their EDC as well as their own way of being organized.

I can see myself shaking my head to myself. I could foresee myself owning all three these new FS. I already have a Vertical BB/SA FS. I wonder again, shall one day, TB decided to add horizontal FS in smaller form. I couldn't imagine how much I could have forked out in total, just only on FS(s).
                            Last edited by weirdguy; 10-06-2015, 10:54 PM.
                            Solar/Yellow: A45 Navy, CP Black, SA Black, SCB
                            Steel/Grey: UMP Steel 400d, PU Coyote, DLBC, PCSB, TC
                            Olive/Green: A30NWS, SCBCanyon, SKIsland
                            Mars Red/Red: SENordic, SKCanyon, DLBCCanyon, SCBDawn

BrainCell Size1 M4800, Cache 13"MBPR E7240

~Live Long & Prosper by Vulcan

Comment

@Ilkyway, thanks to your fab photos, I have pulled the trigger on mamabear! Thank you for all the time you and everyone else have taken to showcase the Slips to such advantage! I am looking forward to receiving it and getting better organized. Perhaps some day I'll be able to swing the other sizes as well, but this is all the budget is allowing for (plus my requisite pocket pouch) at the moment.

I have been waiting and wishing for a slip to go into these bags for a few years. It's exciting to see it come to fruition! Now I need to start saving my pennies (and nickels, and dimes, and quarters, and bills) for the new cross body knitting bag. My knitting is getting excited for its new home!

Comment

Working...
                              X