Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,531   Posts: 187,832   Members: 6,495   Active Members: 285
Welcome to our newest member, coorysmith.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Brief case for the new Freudian Slips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Brief case for the new Freudian Slips

I truly love these new Cafe Bag PARAPACK Freudian Slips ... but ... sadly... I have no Cafe Bags!!!

But, as you already know, TB products are fantastically versatile and half the fun is finding new and interesting ways to use them - of which there is no shortage of in this forum thanks to all of you!

So, here are a few other uses for those of us that mainly use briefcases and want lots of organization:

In the Cadet, my favorite is the Medium FS in the Main compartment and the Small FS in the the Front compartment.

Medium FS in Main Compartment
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Cadet_FS_Medium.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	106.7 KB
ID:	311908

Small FS in Front Compartment

Name:	Cadet_Front_FS_Small.jpg
Size:	114.1 KB
ID:	311907

Here are 2 other options if you are ok with a somewhat tight fit

Large FS in Main Compartment - tight fit if you have lots of items (the corner of the Cadet is tapered so you may need to slip the FS edge under the zipper if putting it on one side)

Name:	Cadet_FS_Large.jpg
Size:	156.1 KB
ID:	311906

Medium FS in Front Compartment - tight fit and needs a bit of work zippering up!

Name:	Cadet_Front_FS_Medium.jpg
Size:	122.4 KB
ID:	311905

In the Cadet, my favorite is the Medium FS - just enough to add more organization but small enough not to take up too much room.
    In the front pocket, the Small FS is absolutely perfect to add some more organization that you can take out and use quickly and easily!

Next, the Pilot!
    Last edited by tpnl; 10-07-2015, 06:33 AM.
    TB Ballistic Black/Iberian Dyneema backpacks and briefcases for every occasion together with my cherished Nordic and Solar Dyneema!

How a Freudian Slip made my Pilot Perfect!

In the Pilot, the Small and Medium FS fit well:

Small FS in Main compartment

Name:	Pilot_FS_Small.jpg
Size:	127.1 KB
ID:	297500

Medium FS in Main compartment - just fits

Name:	Pilot_FS_Medium.jpg
Size:	171.1 KB
ID:	297499

For me I like the Small FS best as it is easy to remove and put back.

Next, the DLBC ...

Cheers!
    Last edited by tpnl; 10-07-2015, 12:20 PM.
    TB Ballistic Black/Iberian Dyneema backpacks and briefcases for every occasion together with my cherished Nordic and Solar Dyneema!

Comment

I see the Daylight! What a good Freudian Slip

In the Daylight Briefcase (DLBC), the Medium and Small FS:

Medium FS in Main compartment (just fits IMHO)

Name:	DLBC_FS_Medium.jpg
Size:	133.2 KB
ID:	297501

Small FS in Back compartment (just fits but is very slightly compressed when zippered in - tight fit)

Name:	DLBC_FS_Small.jpg
Size:	107.6 KB
ID:	297502

The Small FS works well in the main compartment and tight in the back compartment (but doable by my standards) of the DLBC. The Medium FS just fits in the main compartment but the Small FS is probably best. Either way, it is a great way to add some pen pockets, etc to the DLBC.

Next, the Ristretto 13 ...

Cheers!
      Last edited by tpnl; 10-07-2015, 12:16 PM.

Comment

A Shot of Ristretto is great for a Freudian Slip!

In the Ristretto 13, both the Small and Medium FS fit well:

Small FS in Main compartment

Name:	Ristretto13_FS_Small.jpg
Size:	103.0 KB
ID:	297503

Medium FS in Main compartment

Name:	Ristretto13_FS_Medium.jpg
Size:	114.8 KB
ID:	297504

For me I like the Small FS best as it is easy to remove and put back. The Medium FS works but takes up most of the space.

Note, the Small FS fits in the Front compartment but fills it a lot.

Next, the Ego ...

Cheers!
        Last edited by tpnl; 10-07-2015, 12:19 PM.

Comment

How to get an Uber Ego with a Freudian Slip!

For those of you with an EGO ... and you know who you are :), I love the Large FS best in the Front compartment. I love that compartment because I can put so much in it but can get disorganized - in comes the Large FS to give me the organization I need!

Large FS in Front compartment

Name:	Ego_FS_Large.jpg
Size:	142.9 KB
ID:	297505

The Large FS also fits in the main compartment too but so does the regular Horizontal FS.

All the new FS (i? - FSi - is that the right way to say many Freudian Slips?) easily fit in the larger TB briefcases I own - Zephyr, Empire Builder, Checkpoint Flyer - but the Horizontal FS gives you max. organization in those bags. The new FS provides an option for those bags to do "half" organization - leaving half the bag for more bulky items.

Enjoy the new FS everyone!

Cheers!
          Last edited by tpnl; 10-07-2015, 12:21 PM.

Comment

How many FS could a Woodchuck use if a Woodchuck could use an FS ...

I have also taken a few picture of the 5 FS I own that are used in shoulder bags (ie, not the the S25 or S19 FS). Hopefully it can give current FS owners an idea of the comparative proportion of the original and new ones:

Name:	5FS_InLine.jpg
Size:	132.7 KB
ID:	297506Click image for larger version

Name:	5FS_Staggered.jpg
Size:	151.8 KB
ID:	297507

Note - in the picture, I put some Dyneema items between the FS to help better show the edges of all the Black on Black FS and therefore the proportions.

Cheers!
            Last edited by tpnl; 10-07-2015, 12:22 PM.

Comment

Greetings Tpnl,
              I appreciate the time and effort it took to put this together. Nicely done! I was already excited about the possibilities just from the main website. Each person to post photos has given me other ideas. Your photos continue the trend!

Thank you! elisa

Comment

WOW. Information overload there! Thanks, tpnl.
                Owner of: Brain Bag backpack (Black), Field Journal Notebook (Blue), Snake Charmer (Small, Orange), Super Ego briefcase (Black / Indigo / Steel) with Reflective Strip, Brain Cell (Steel), Horizontal Freudian Slip, various Organizer Pouches and Key Straps, and a Side Effect (Black / Wassabi) worn as a belt-style hip-pack.

Comment

I totally love these posts by @tpnl. The thing that's really great about the new Freudian Sliplets (as I call the Freudian Slip for Cafe Bags -- I also use the terms "Baby Bear", "Mama Bear", and "Papa Bear" that @maverick nicknamed them in the Admin forums when we first saw these come in) is the way that you you can switch them around between your different bags, which is awesome, and also choose the size of the FSlet you want to use for that transfer. This means that not only do you get pen/pencil pockets for bags that don't have that feature built in (like my Imago, Little Swift, and Swift), but you also get the flexibility of choosing the size that works best for you. Just as an example, one of the distinguishing features of the Cadet briefcase is that it's large enough to take the original Horizontal Freudian Slip in its main compartment. But, depending on how much you choose to carry there in addition to your laptop and files, in practice using the full size Horizontal Freudian Slip in that main compartment can make things tight. The front zippered pocket compartment of the Cadet has places where you can stow pens and other items, but it can also be used and repurposed as a single large pocket for other items that are bulkier. The same is true for the (even larger) ID Bag. It's simply the convenience of being able to transfer the smaller FSlets to any of your other bags and re-purpose the storage features of the bags you have. And it's also the fact that the same FSlets give you stationary storage for pens, etc. in bags that you previously didn't have special built-in storage features for (like the Daylight Briefcase or the Imago). Way to go!

HTH

moriond

Comment

Working...
                  X