Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,632   Posts: 188,975   Members: 6,617   Active Members: 303
margaretcetera
Forum Member
Welcome to our newest member, margaretcetera.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lead's Pocket Kudos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lead's Pocket Kudos

What better celebration of such stunning weather... The farmers market, writing, and a road trip to a coffee roastery. I kitted out my lead's pocket for the adventure-- it held my leather wallet, a pocket pouch, and a mini organizer with keys in the mesh fronted zip pockets. Field notes By-Line, a leather covered regular sized FN and a small Double organizer with index cards, band aids and random hoo-ha fit in the long zip pocket on the other side; three writing instruments in the middle elastics; and a small organizer with coins in the zip pocket on the outside. The Lead's pocket itself fit longways in the bottom of my LCB and there was room for a bag of fingerling potatoes, radishes, and a book on top.

The Leads Pocket was a fabulous portable desk/writing kit that worked with how I like to write in ways that the FJN doesn't.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0388.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	366.3 KB
ID:	312530

Name:	IMG_0381.JPG
Size:	321.1 KB
ID:	312531

Name:	IMG_0385.JPG
Size:	534.6 KB
ID:	312532

Name:	IMG_0386.JPG
Size:	511.2 KB
ID:	312533

Name:	IMG_0384.JPG
Size:	333.2 KB
ID:	312534

Name:	IMG_0389.JPG
Size:	375.4 KB
ID:	312535

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love the look of that kit, KmK! I still struggle with the FJN, mostly because I want to use lots of different notebooks. I love it's pen storage options, but the rings and paper don't work for me. An interesting solution!

Comment

The Lead's Pocket fits across an LCB?!!! This changes everything...

Comment

Terayon,

Yes! It drops in there like it was always meant to be! It was a great discovery when I tried it!

Luvdabags,

One of the things I loved--and why I made the desk reference-- the padding in the sides makes it smooth and stiff enough to use as a nice back to a smaller or more flexible notebook.

KmK
        KmK
        Forum Member
        Last edited by KmK; 09-03-2016, 07:44 PM.

Comment

Thank you for posting this. I have a Lead's Pocket that I have never used. I purchased it out of curiosity but couldn't really figure out how to make it work for me. This gives me great ideas.
          Seeking Solar shop bags and Solar packing cube shoulder bag Also coveting an Iberian Synapse or Copilot

Comment

wondering how it would work to add structure to a PCSB...

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Comment

MaryTattoo,

Funny you should ask. Tried this last night. It does fit...just as easily as it fits in a LCB. Because a PCSB is not as tall as an LCB, the Lead's Pocket does take up a considerable amount of the space. Though, you can still fit a 400 page mass market paperback in the front diagonal PCSB zip. It works..and yes, it offers organizational and structural errrr....structure; however, with the PCSB/Leads Pocket combo it felt much more like I was using a bag to carry a bag rather than the interior bag helping maximize the organization and purposefulness of the larger outer bag. Hope that makes sense...
              KmK
              Forum Member
              Last edited by KmK; 09-10-2016, 07:58 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X