Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,632   Posts: 188,975   Members: 6,617   Active Members: 303
margaretcetera
Forum Member
Welcome to our newest member, margaretcetera.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The knew Webbing Keystraps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The knew Webbing Keystraps

I was furtunate to get to use the knew webbing keystraps ahead of time. I have some thoughts and pictures to share, so everybody can make an informed desition about these:

I love the colourfull Halcyon/Dyneema Keystraps as most gear (at least a big majority) from most companys come in black and I do like colours. But the black webbing Keystraps you get with every bag from Tom Bihn are much more plyable and do not have their own minds about bending wich ever way they please. I have never thought about this, but as soon as I held the knew ones in my hand it was: best of both world: colour + webbing. I also have two Cordura Keystraps and they are way thicker than both the Halcyon and the Webbing Keystraps. So Keystrapswise, I feel, the knew ones are the best so far :-)

An attempt to show each colour Keystrap with the coresponding Halcyon. I also put in Steel as I know many of us still have Steel interior bags or accessories. Notice how the grey Keystraps seem to adapt to both the light colourd Northwest Sky and the Steel.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	2016-09-22 11.07.56.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	844.5 KB
ID:	312578

Name:	IMB_6039.JPG
Size:	766.6 KB
ID:	312581

Name:	2016-09-22 11.14.11.jpg
Size:	791.0 KB
ID:	312579

I am a sucker for the blues... can't help it... so here you see oNordic (the white gritted Nordic), Nordic, and Island with the knew webbing Keystraps

Name:	IMB_6042.JPG
Size:	701.9 KB
ID:	312582

Ceepee was for a visit and she took a "behind the scene" picture :-)

Name:	2016-09-22 11.21.17.jpg
Size:	806.6 KB
ID:	312580

Ilkyway
    “Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.”

By Sir Terence David John Pratchett from The Truth

Another colour that is well represented in my personal things is purple, so here a comparision of UV Halcyon, Plum Cordura and the knew purple webbing Keystrap:

Name:	2016-09-22 11.24.12.jpg
Size:	804.5 KB
ID:	300543

Keep in mind, that colours are deciving on screen, so many factors play into how they are represented on your device.

Ilkyway
    “Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.”

By Sir Terence David John Pratchett from The Truth

Comment

Gorgeous pictures!!! I love your reviews, Ilkyway!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hooray for color! (Never thought I'd hear myself say that.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks you so much for the very yummy pictures, yummy because they remind me of ice cream flavors.

Wasabi sounds much better when it is Pistachio, ice cream.

Raspberry, blueberry, cassis and boysenberry, prune, pomegranate, cranberry more flavors than colors but UV, Steel, and yet to be aquired Island and Northwest Sky look extremely beautiful!

Comment

Working...
          X