Let's enjoy the Travel Tray, Small!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's enjoy the Travel Tray, Small!

The new Travel Tray, Small has a 5" diameter and stands 3.5" with the sides folded down and 7" with the sides up (The TT, Large, by comparison, is 7" W and 4"/8" H).

I’m pleased to report that the Travel Tray, Small is a marvelous Holder of Pens. Please observe the 36 Pilot Juice gel pens nestling in the TT, S—way more than what I could jam into Algernon, the shrunken head Tiki cup sitting dejectedly to the side.

I can unfurl the sides, cinch it up, and carry my pens by hand or in my bag; once I’m wherever I’m going, I can return the TT, S to its normal state and I have all my pens, standing vertically and easy to access.

Last edited by Badger; 11-28-2016, 08:07 AM.

Here's another pic I dug up:

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	TB TT.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	953.3 KB
ID:	300775

The Travel Tray family welcoming the new addition!

Clockwise from Solar: Island, Steel (sorry couldn’t find my Steel TT.. using a Small YSS), Fjord, NW Sky, UV, Zest, Original Black Halcyon, Iberian, Sitka, Wasabi, Original Nordic Halcyon.

Center: Monarch Mama and Baby
      Last edited by gochicken; 11-28-2016, 09:30 AM.
      Satisfied owner of: Azalea Swift & LS, Blk/Plum Swift, Cork LS, Blk/UV LS, Synapse 19 & Co-Pilot, Steel/UV Pilot, Fst/Stl Tri-Star, Fst/Blk/UV SA, UV PCSB, Plum SE, FJN, & SCB, Aubergine WF, LS & Kit, Trvl Trays, Passport Pouches, and Shop Bags in all colors , Multiplying OPs

Comment

Just a quick comment since @Badger's picture has the same color Mini Travel Tray that I got. I will personally probably use the Mini TT a lot more for travel. I feel like pulling up old forum wishlist requests -- like an old one from @jess about wanting a small size TT for jewelry and other small items. This is also a great size for hair clips and for separating out your small prescription medications/vitamins.

And it makes a wonderful stocking stuffer! (I ordered several in the small size; hint, hint)

moriond

Comment

How come everything small is CUTE emidiatly? Well, it is cute, and that is for sure. Here in Sitka:

Name:	IMG_3047_Bildgröße ändern.JPG
Size:	570.8 KB
ID:	300769

Name:	IMG_3048_Bildgröße ändern.JPG
Size:	856.6 KB
ID:	300770

Name:	IMG_3050_Bildgröße ändern.JPG
Size:	737.5 KB
ID:	300771

Ilkyway
          “Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.”

By Sir Terence David John Pratchett from The Truth

Comment

This all very well and good, but you can't wear the small TT as a Fez. I wear a Fez now. Fezzezzezzes are cool.

Comment

Hi All,

Just wanted everyone to know that @Saltgirl has been posting some great pictures of the Small Travel Tray in the Test Driving New Tom Bihn thread. The reason for the somewhat cryptic title is that she got to pick these up for testing before Debut Day, and had to come up with a "hint" picture and thread title that didn't give the show away.

I'll just excerpt a few pictures:

Originally posted by Saltgirl View Post

Perfect for holding a cake of Frabjuous Fibers Mad Hatter in Too Much Pepper. I could see placing multiple center pull cakes in multiple small travel trays at the bottom of my Swift and knitting a multi color project without tangling or barfing* all over the bag.

The small travel tray also holds all my tools and even my knit picks interchangeables. I'd still put stitch markers in a separate container - they'd come out the top hole otherwise.

*knitter speak for a really big yarn mess
              There are lots more pictures (and different color small travel trays) in that thread. By the way, I've often thought of raiding past wish list posts for quotable moments to go along with new products, but that would take too long, and if I didn't manage to find all of the quotes I remembered, there would probably be a mistaken impression that only some people's posts got listened to.

But there were a number of other people on the forums who mentioned wishing for smaller travel trays -- for example, this old thread, as well as mixed wish list posts.

HTH

moriond

Comment

Originally posted by Badger View Post
                The new Travel Tray, Small has a 5" diameter and stands 3.5" with the sides folded down and 7" with the sides up (The TT, Large, by comparison, is 7" W and 4"/8" H).

I’m pleased to report that the Travel Tray, Small is a marvelous Holder of Pens. Please observe the 36 Pilot Juice gel pens nestling in the TT, S—way more than what I could jam into Algernon, the shrunken head Tiki cup sitting dejectedly to the side.

I can unfurl the sides, cinch it up, and carry my pens by hand or in my bag; once I’m wherever I’m going, I can return the TT, S to its normal state and I have all my pens, standing vertically and easy to access.

Wonderful idea!

Comment

And now, my coloring book and pencils can be part of my EDC, in my Little Swift.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2469.jpg
Size:	542.5 KB
ID:	300879

Comment

I bought 2 large TT's and thought they seemed a bit big for my uses.

So I immediately jumped on 2 small TT's during the debut.

But now that I have the small ones, as almost feel like I like the big ones better.
                    The small ones feel a bit fiddly and scrunchy. The big ones sit more securely on the table.

Now, I'm debating if I should send the small ones back. They are LE colors, so I'm torn.
                    Then again, it would give someone else a chance to own them, and I could get more of the large ones in LE colors, if I act now.
                    Last edited by BWeaves; 12-08-2016, 05:13 AM.

Comment

Just visited my mother... she is in her 80's and is happily using her Small Travel Tray to keep her hearing aid stuff all together.

Name:	IMG_2445.png
Size:	564.7 KB
ID:	300992
                      Satisfied owner of: Azalea Swift & LS, Blk/Plum Swift, Cork LS, Blk/UV LS, Synapse 19 & Co-Pilot, Steel/UV Pilot, Fst/Stl Tri-Star, Fst/Blk/UV SA, UV PCSB, Plum SE, FJN, & SCB, Aubergine WF, LS & Kit, Trvl Trays, Passport Pouches, and Shop Bags in all colors , Multiplying OPs

Comment

Working...
                      X