Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,818   Posts: 191,201   Members: 6,712   Active Members: 264
Welcome to our newest member, toomuchlove.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seeking for copilot comparison pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seeking for copilot comparison pics

Hey everyone!

I'm looking into getting a co-pilot, and can't decide between halcyon or the 525 ballistic.
    I have a halcyon sidekick, I'm just not sure how halcyon version of the co-pilot will look like over the shouder- all pics I have seen shows halcyon CP on a surface. Since the sidekick is smaller, the "stretch" of the material will be obviously different from a larger bag.

Pics and reviews I've seen for the ballistic CP is mostly about how stiff it is, but these were referring to the 1050 ballistic, not the 525.
    I have a 525 maker's bag, which is lined on all sides with halcyon. My understanding is that CP's outer walls are *not* lined, looking at the pics so far.

I plan to use the CP as my EDC as I'm shifting away (somewhat) from backpacks. MB is too big for that although I can still use it for a gym/swim bag after this pandemic has subsided. I'm looking for fabric for CP that is not too boxy as the 1050 appears, also not too saggy (i'm not sure whether halcyon (unlined) will give that effect).

What I need to know is how CP will look like when carried, both full and half full, in both halcyon and 525. Will the 525 be too boxy when in use? Will it "give" substantially when packed full? Will the halcyon version sag when the bag is half ful yet heavy? (E.g. carying a 12" tablet, notebook, daily junk).

Does anyone here happen to have both versions, and willing to share some pics for comparison? Or, simple description will do too if pics are too much of a hassle.

I'd be forever grateful, thanks!!
    Nina

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

No pictures (yet) but I just purchased a CP in ballistic because I didn’t like the floppy look of the halcyon when not full. I’ve ended up using the halcyon as a gym bag. The new ballistic one (used little due to Covid) looks more professional. I’ll try to get some picture later.
    Synik 22, Truck, Luminary 12 with a MCB Freudian Slip, Daylight Backpack, EDC HLT2, Side Effect or Side Effect, zippered Large and Small Shopbags, Co-Pilot, Travel Tray, Snake Charmer

Comment

Originally posted by Traveltech View Post
      No pictures (yet) but I just purchased a CP in ballistic because I didn’t like the floppy look of the halcyon when not full. I’ve ended up using the halcyon as a gym bag. The new ballistic one (used little due to Covid) looks more professional. I’ll try to get some picture later.
      Thank you for taking the time, looking forward to your pics!

Comment

Here are some comparison picture of the halcyon vs. ballistic. (Occurred to me after the fact that packing the Surface Pro did give both bags a defined shape- no sag.)

Bags fully loaded-

(Right front pocket has headphones. I could have fit in more - hence the dip seen in both bags)

Bags with both front pockets empty-

And bags empty with what I’d packed shown (very stuff HLT2 fit in both bags front pocket!)

Hope this helps!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Last edited by Traveltech; 08-25-2020, 11:05 AM.
        Synik 22, Truck, Luminary 12 with a MCB Freudian Slip, Daylight Backpack, EDC HLT2, Side Effect or Side Effect, zippered Large and Small Shopbags, Co-Pilot, Travel Tray, Snake Charmer

Comment

Oh wow, the pictures are so helpful. Looks like the halcyon version sags quite a bit when hanging, or is that just because of the light/shadow differences? Either way I think I'm leaning more towards the 525.

Thank you so much for sharing!

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
          X