Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,740   Posts: 190,273   Members: 6,600   Active Members: 267
Welcome to our newest member, uflbarry.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

aeronaut and medium cafe bag at indra gandhi international airport, new delhi, india

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• maverick
    replied
    some rather colorful trucks on gt road. again, not an uncommon thing in india.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• maverick
    replied
    stopping for gas along gt road, somewhere near jalandhar.

this was a fairly nice looking gas station.

the second picture shows a view of gt road from the gas station.

gt road is an interesting drive. parts of it are like a paved highway where you can travel at 120kmh provided there isn't traffic to slow you down. they've built, and continue to build, overpasses (called flyovers) in recent years when you pass through cities. it used to be that you would be driving along this highway and would come through a city and would all of the sudden be sharing the road with pedestrians, cows and rickshaws. some parts of it are still like that, but india has spent quite a bit on infrastructure recently.

it's also interesting, and this isn't just gt road - it's india in general - you don't have passing lanes. in fact, even if there is little traffic, a driver will not drive in the right lane or the left lane. you'll find the vehicle in between the two [email protected] so you can imaging you're zipping down gt road at night and there isn't much traffic. you're going about 120kmh. then you come upon this truck that's probably going 50-60kmh. and it's right in the middle of the two lanes. and you have to honk your horn until it moves. it sees a car approaching. even if it was in the passing lane, you would think it would move over or that you would pass in the other lane. no - it's right between the two lanes. you come up honking your horn and hitting the brakes and it takes its time moving over. i saw this not once, not twice, but over and over as we went down gt road. you have no idea what this does to your back. i had my noise isolating earphones in my ears even though i wasn't listening to anything. next time, i should bring some eye shades. just thinking about this puts a knot in my lower back. okay, i'm going to breathe and continue. sorry for the rant.

the third picture is of buckets of sand at the gas station should there be a fire.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• maverick
    replied
    some people riding in the back of a truck on G.T. Road. this is not an uncommon site.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• maverick
    replied
    now, this tag said "HEAVY." i know my bags weren't at all heavy. i wonder if they were trying to tell me in a not so subtle way that i should lose some weight...
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• aeronaut and medium cafe bag at indra gandhi international airport, new delhi, india

those orange tags you see on all of the bags are security tags. these get stamped when you go through the security check. when you approach the gate to board your plane, a security officer verifies that your bags went through security.
    Attached Files
Working...
X