Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,525   Posts: 187,785   Members: 6,486   Active Members: 307
Welcome to our newest member, ozzyrussell.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

tri-star

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a close up of the tri-star logo and the indigo 1050d ballistic fabric.
    Attached Files
    -m

Comment

Maverick -- nice macro shot of the label! (I like the clean, art-deco aesthetic that it draws on; early air travel days as a theme adds to the sense of optimism, and triangles are nicely dynamic by their nature.)

Having checked out Indigo version in person the other day, I'm still planning to soon order one in black instead -- Indigo is beautiful, and I'll be happy to see bags of that color at the airport, it's just not quite solid black enough for me. If the inside of the black were available in solar, I'd like it even better, but Hey, Solar is not a dealer installed option on that package ;)

timothy

Comment

Timothy....every travel bag I own is in black. With the Tri-Star, I decided to try the steel/solar. I'm glad I did. The steel is a dark gray (very conservative for business travel), yet adds just enough of a uniqueness. And the solar color helps you see everything inside.
        Editor--One Bag, One World: News, Reviews & Community for Light Travelers.

Aeronaut(2), Tri-Star(2) Cadet , Large Cafe Bag, Travel Tray, Travel Money Belt, Absolute Straps(3), Side Effect, Clear Quarter Packing Cubes (2), 3D Organizer Cubes (4), Aeronaut & Tri-Star Packing Cubes, Clear Organizer Wallet, numerous Organizer Pouches,, Guardian Dual Function Light, Vertical Netbook Cache, Nexus 7 Cache, RFID Passport Pouch, numerous Key Straps.

Comment

very excited for the arrival on my steel/solar on Monday.
          I love criminson and colours but I thought with this kind of investment I want to make sure the colour is classic and I feel the steel is classic with just a bit of individuality.

Comment

Originally posted by maverick View Post
            That view looks very familiar... San Francisco Hilton or Hotel Nikko, or thereabouts?
            Karl

Comment

Heh, Steel looks nice, too, I'll admit. It's a little too colorful and flashy for my taste, but it would be my 2d choice. Funny how (I'll mangle the phrasing ...) "a false consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" ;) Since all but one of my bags is black, I'd prefer the others be, too, even if that makes no possible difference in their utility *as bags.* Self-imposed exile, or something -- my car is black, too; I'd be happy to've found it in white, or silver, but those are the only top-tier options for me.

timothy

Comment

I'll agree that the black with solar interior would be preferable. Any light colors would be preferable for the interiors.

Comment

Another vote for black/solar.

Comment

I spoke with Mr. Bihn about the Black/Solar combo a while ago. If I remember correctly, he said they decided not to do that color combo because early feedback had said it looked too much "like a bumblebee". For me personally, I would have bought it. Oh well.
                    There are only 3 kinds of people in this world -- those who can count, and those who can't.

Proud Owner of: Aeronaut, Empire Builder, PC Flyer, Tri-Star, 3 Absolute shoulder straps, 2 Freudian slips, Braincell, and many various pouches and packing cubes...

Comment

Maverick,

Have you finished the video yet? I would love to see it.

Regards,
                      Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Sco1t View Post
                        Maverick,

Have you finished the video yet? I would love to see it.

Regards,
                        Scott
                        hi scott,

it's been a bit hectic the last couple of weeks. it's going to be like this until august 8th - it's a good thing, i'm not complaining :). i am preparing for an event taking place that weekend, and every weekend will be busy until then.

thanks for being patient!
                        -m

Comment

I wanna see more pictures of folks actually wearing/carrying their bags!

Let's see how y'all look with one on your shoulder or back...
                          Owner of: Brain Bag backpack (Black), Field Journal Notebook (Blue), Snake Charmer (Small, Orange), Super Ego briefcase (Black / Indigo / Steel) with Reflective Strip, Brain Cell (Steel), Horizontal Freudian Slip, various Organizer Pouches and Key Straps, and a Side Effect (Black / Wassabi) worn as a belt-style hip-pack.

Comment

Working...
                          X