Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,492   Posts: 187,435   Members: 6,453   Active Members: 336
Welcome to our newest member, parisbandarq.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

a video of the horizontal freudian slip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• peregrina
    replied
    Originally posted by maverick View Post
    hi peregrina,

congratulations on your order - you're going to love it!
    Thanks Maverick. I'll take some pictures once I get the new bag...

Leave a comment:

• gmich
    replied
    I love the Freudian slip and use it daily in my Brain Bag. You could fit 4 vertical slips in the BB -- two in each compartment -- if you really wanted to, though it seems like it would be a waste of space.

Leave a comment:

• backpack
    replied
    Originally posted by MtnMan View Post
    Do any of you use more than one of these Slips in a bag/briefcase to keep multiple files organized?
    I only have one vertical Freudian Slip but I know that the Brain Bag can hold two of them, one in each compartment.
    It might be possible to fit two Freudian Slips in each compartment of the Brain Bag provided there is no Brain Cell or Cache to take up the space.

I don't know of any forum member who owns multiple Freudian Slips of the same orientation (portrait or landscape), so I hope Darcy could shed some light on the
    Tom Bihn bags capacity for holding multiple Freudian Slips.

I love mine and I love the name so I would be happy to get more Brain Bags sized ones.
    It would also bet great to get one or several sized to the Synapse. :)

Leave a comment:

• MtnMan
    replied
    Do any of you use more than one of these Slips in a bag/briefcase to keep multiple files organized?

Leave a comment:

• KarlJ
    replied
    I knew all along the Freudian Slip was an ingenious device... but I had no idea it was such a complex device.

Leave a comment:

• moriond
    replied
    This is another instance where it may be interesting to read the thread that led to the design of the Horizontal Freudian slip. There's also Darcy's picture of the Horizontal Freudian Slip hanging on the wall, and Mike Wo's review of the Brain Bag including comments on using the (vertical) Freudian Slip.

Leave a comment:

• maverick
    replied
    A shout out to all you Freudian Slip owners on this forum...

Has anyone ever showed up at a meeting in a conference room or a banquet hall and had no place to hang up their Freudian Slip? If so, what did you do to make it accessible?
    think of the freudian slip as providing additional organizational pockets for your messenger bag, brief bag or backpack. you can actually access the contents of your freudian slip while it is still in your bag, just like you would access the contents in the organizational pockets built into your bag - you don't have to take the freudian slip out.

the loop at the top makes it easy to hang if you have a place to hang it.

you can also access its contents easily when it is laying on your desk or other flat surface.
    Last edited by maverick; 09-14-2009, 09:23 AM.

Leave a comment:

• MtnMan
    replied
    A shout out to all you Freudian Slip owners on this forum...

Has anyone ever showed up at a meeting in a conference room or a banquet hall and had no place to hang up their Freudian Slip? If so, what did you do to make it accessible?

Leave a comment:

• maverick
    replied
    Also, if you remove the Slip from, say, a TB briefcase or messenger bag, is there a way to attach it to the outside of the case and let it hang over a table's/desk's edge, to have access to both?
    i'm not aware of any way of attaching the freudian slip to the outside of a bag, but you can attach it to a door knob or hook. i've attached mine to the hook designed for hanging a jacket on the wall of my cubicle at work.
    Last edited by maverick; 09-14-2009, 03:44 AM.

Leave a comment:

• maverick
    replied
    What size file folders will fit into the "back" pockets on this slip?
    per the product description for the horizontal freudian slip and vertical freudian slip:

"Fits A4 and U.S. Standard papers/file folders."

When you decide to pluck a Slip out of a TB bag, does the Slip do a good job of keeping papers from spilling out, even as you lay it down on a table/desk?
    yes.

Does the structure of the Slip's pockets keep papers from getting caught as you remove it from a TB bag?
    yes.

Have you ever stored a Letter-size notebook in a Slip?
    yes.

Leave a comment:

• MtnMan
    replied
    Also, if you remove the Slip from, say, a TB briefcase or messenger bag, is there a way to attach it to the outside of the case and let it hang over a table's/desk's edge, to have access to both?

Leave a comment:

• MtnMan
    replied
    What size file folders will fit into the "back" pockets on this slip?

When you decide to pluck a Slip out of a TB bag, does the Slip do a good job of keeping papers from spilling out, even as you lay it down on a table/desk?

Does the structure of the Slip's pockets keep papers from getting caught as you remove it from a TB bag?

Have you ever stored a Letter-size notebook in a Slip?

Leave a comment:

• falconea
    replied
    Originally posted by maverick View Post
    this review of the zephyr shows the zephyr with the horizontal brain cell and horizontal freudian slip.
    Errr.... there's a zippered pocket under the flap?? Oh, dear, I can see it in the photos! I'd better go look at my Zephyr - I don't recall ever seeing it!

It's the best briefcase I've ever had in my life.

Audrey

Leave a comment:

• maverick
    replied
    I'd like to see how this slip (and its "vertical" sibling) would fit into various bags, especially Tom Bihn bags like the Smart Alec, Ego/Super Ego/ID, or Zephyr/Empire Builder. Could you arrange to show how this fits in a situation involving a Brain Cell or soft cell, plus other items that a road warrior might lug around?

This is very educational! Thanks again.
    hi mountain man,

this review of the zephyr shows the zephyr with the horizontal brain cell and horizontal freudian slip.

Leave a comment:

• maverick
    replied
    Originally posted by peregrina View Post
    I've just ordered the vertical freudian slip with my smart alec - anybody has good pictures of those?

This is great Maverick - thanks!!
    hi peregrina,

congratulations on your order - you're going to love it!

these pictures are a bit dated, but they show the smart alec, monolith (which was the predecessor to the vertical brain cell), freudian slip and what i carried inside of them...
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

Working...
X