Views:	1
Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	308468
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Synapse1small.jpg
Size:	85.7 KB
ID:	308469
    I bought a Synapse and used it for several weeks. It's a great bag, and while I really like it a lot, I ended up giving it to my wife. I'm back to using my Brain Bag. She's been using the Synapse to go back and forth to work -- carrying several books, a journal, folders, a large thermos, ipod, portable speaker system for the ipod, her purse, pens, and quite a few other odds and ends that don't appear in the picture above. She likes backpacks but, at 5'2", she often feels like they look way too big on her. The Synapse is perfect -- and it can carry everything she needs (there was still plenty of unused space with all these things inside).
    Last edited by gmich; 12-17-2009, 09:16 PM.

Originally posted by gmich View Post
    [ATTACH]743[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH]744[/ATTACH]
    She likes backpacks but, at 5'2", she often feels like they look way too big on her. The Synapse is perfect -- and it can carry everything she needs (there was still plenty of unused space with all these things inside).
    The Synapse really is great for us shorter people. :)

Great pictures! I think a shot of the stuff in the bag would be neat.
    Owner of:
    Imago in Cocoa/Cocoa/Wasabi, Large Cafe Bag in Black/Wasabi, Various organizer pouches/stuff sacks/travel trays, Small Shop Bag in Steel and Iberian, Synapse in Steel/Steel, and a Medium Cafe Bag in Plum/Wasabi.

Comment

I've been hoping to see a photo of the plum version!

As much as I'm enjoying the Steel Dyneema / Solar Dyneema, I do love the boldness of the cordura colours. Very stylish!

Comment

I'm curious...

Would a 9 x 12-inch padfolio fit in a Synapse's main compartment?
        Owner of: Brain Bag backpack (Black), Field Journal Notebook (Blue), Snake Charmer (Small, Orange), Super Ego briefcase (Black / Indigo / Steel) with Reflective Strip, Brain Cell (Steel), Horizontal Freudian Slip, various Organizer Pouches and Key Straps, and a Side Effect (Black / Wassabi) worn as a belt-style hip-pack.

Comment

A 10" x 12" x 1" Cache (with 12" tablet PC inside) fits easily, so I would say yes.
          Last edited by gmich; 12-18-2009, 04:32 PM.

Comment

And a couple photos of the Synapse in use:

Name:	LisaSynapse1.jpg
Size:	87.5 KB
ID:	287575

Name:	LisaSynapse2.jpg
Size:	92.8 KB
ID:	287576
            Note: The straps had been loosened to accommodate a heavy winter coat, so the bag is sitting lower on her back than it usually is.
            Last edited by gmich; 12-19-2009, 06:14 AM.

Comment

^ It's still comfortable that way, right?

Does Lady Gmich use the sternum and waist straps?
              Owner of: Brain Bag backpack (Black), Field Journal Notebook (Blue), Snake Charmer (Small, Orange), Super Ego briefcase (Black / Indigo / Steel) with Reflective Strip, Brain Cell (Steel), Horizontal Freudian Slip, various Organizer Pouches and Key Straps, and a Side Effect (Black / Wassabi) worn as a belt-style hip-pack.

Comment

Great photos!

Comment

MtnMan,

No, she usually doesn't use the sternum straps. But they're nice to have if you're running through an airport or hiking a tough trail, and easily removable if you don't want them in the way.

Comment

Do you keep these removable straps stored in the bag itself when they are not in use, or do you keep them at home? I'm curious as to how people handle these when they choose to remove them from the bag.

Comment

Working...
                    X