Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LGD Logic/Coyote First Impressions and also Ursa/Hunter as well as Black/Red!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bartleby View Post
    I tried the following: Since the bag has no padding I used one of my camera wraps for bottom padding as I consider this to be the most important one in case you bump the bag on the ground. I took my DSLR (my old faithful Nikon D700) with a 50mm lens mounted and had space for an extra wide angle lens (20mm). Some filters and smaller accessories went into Ghost Whales and an Organizer Pouch, fixed to the O-rings in the back compartment.
    PERFECT! Great post, and exactly how I'd use it, including putting the wrap on the bottom - perfect for a day of sightseeing without have a big bag or backpack where you have to fuss to get the camera out.

Also looks great for long hikes where you want a few water bottles + provisions & medkit, maybe bear spray, etc

Comment

Originally posted by Cristina View Post
      Ooh now bartleby I am loving that combination. Sharp indeed!

I’m looking forward to finding out what you think of it as a camera bag once you have it configured like that for a few days.
      I am curious too! I hope the weather will be a bit more stable to allow for a little foto safari!

Originally posted by Cristina View Post
      I already know I want the LGD to have some more pocketing for small items (either internally or by making the zip pocket 3D) but it seems like you might not have the same needs if you use it as a camera bag. Curious to find out!
      My first impression is that I can do without more pockets as the main compartment remains more flexible and I can always add some small pouches for the small things. However, I like your idea of having some more space in the outside zip pocket!

...spread joy in your neighbourhood (and not Corona!)
      current bags: Smart Alec, Guide's Pack, Guide's Edition S25, Luminary 15, Daylight Backpack, Aeronaut 45, Tri-Star, Road Buddy 36, Daylight Briefcase, Small Yeoman Duffel, bits and pieces

Comment

Such great reviews and photos in this thread -- thank you! Love seeing the Ursa/Green combo.
        ----
        All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
        Edmund Burke

Comment

I’ve got a quick question for those of you with access to a LGD. Is the bottom/male buckle on the front attached with webbing that’s sewn to the LGD on both ends, or can it be detached like on the Maker’s bag? Just wondering how easy it would be to replace the buckle.

Thanks!
          MB, LGD, SK, MT, PUT, and various bits and bobs

Comment

Originally posted by Tycho View Post
            I’ve got a quick question for those of you with access to a LGD. Is the bottom/male buckle on the front attached with webbing that’s sewn to the LGD on both ends, or can it be detached like on the Maker’s bag? Just wondering how easy it would be to replace the buckle.

Thanks!
            Yes, the webbing for the front pocket bottom male buckle is one loop of webbing trapping that buckle part and fully sewn in.
            I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Comment

Working...
            X