Tantalizing, Tricky, Taiga!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tantalizing, Tricky, Taiga!

When I first saw the pictures of Taiga it immediately struck me as not my thing - too pastely for me and not a fit for my rugged good looks :rolleyes: ... or something ... whatever. ANYway, after looking at few colors and always loving BH400 I got a look at the BH/T200 Taiga with the white stripes and was pretty impressed with its deep green! It was much different than in pictures ...

So I figured if the white stripes 200 looked that deep green, then the T400 w/ grey had to look even greener - given I've recently gotten coyote & verde, both of which appear much darker to my eye than in photos, I figured the Taiga must be the same, so I played around with photoshop - using only TB website photos - to get a sense of Taiga on low light compared to Verde & Coyote:

Click image for larger version  Name:	IvYR5H7.png Views:	2 Size:	2.38 MB ID:	332911

That's a bit darker than reality in normal lighting ... and I think the TB website S30 page is pretty good for a bright lights photo:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Synik30_OliveHalNWSky_front.jpg Views:	2 Size:	84.1 KB ID:	332912
    That's pretty close, but in bright light - the key to Taiga is it seems to change quite a bit in the light - here's the TB website banner photo:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	taiga_synik30-1105_websize_1900x800.jpg Views:	2 Size:	113.3 KB ID:	332913
    vs this other TB website photo of an S25 (nice Fjällräven pants! :cool:)
    Click image for larger version  Name:	synapse-25-taiga-2.jpg Views:	2 Size:	197.6 KB ID:	332914
    To my eye, Taiga is different in person than some of the photos, mostly because I think most photos capture a single reflection off of the surface making the green appear brighter and in real life the color morphs & changes which makes it a very cool color if you like the more woodsy colors.

Well, I took the plunge and, I gotta say, WOW! This thing looks great and definitely passes my look-back-at-it test in person. Very cool color versus what I originally thought!

I'd say if you're looking for a special, unique color but think Taiga is too pastel - try it! It's much different in person ...

Here are some photos I took of my Taiga S30 in different lighting - note that in photos, Taiga, like all the Halcyons?, can get that hint of beige (I don't see it in person, but you might)
    Click image for larger version  Name:	S30Y.png Views:	2 Size:	1.08 MB ID:	332915

Click image for larger version  Name:	S30F.png Views:	2 Size:	812.2 KB ID:	332916

Click image for larger version  Name:	S30HnH.png Views:	2 Size:	962.0 KB ID:	332917
    Last edited by GrussGott; 06-06-2021, 04:01 PM.
    Seeking Verde Aeronauts

Really love Taiga under bright light. I need to add those brown/coyote paracord.

Here's Taiga SSC and Sitka LSC next to the Taiga DLBP.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	taiga.jpg
Views:	330
Size:	2.48 MB
ID:	333258
    Last edited by dmoneysong; 06-19-2021, 10:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dmoneysong View Post
      Really love Taiga under bright light. I need to add those brown/coyote paracord.
      Excellent pic! I think it really captures the color well
      Seeking Verde Aeronauts

Comment

I was also initially skeptical of Taiga, but after a while have grown to love it! It has a modern look and complements greens/blues very well. Here are two photos of it with a 1050 Navy A45. I have a wilderness green SE that looks good with it too!

Comment

Originally posted by meltzermt View Post

Here are two photos of it with a 1050 Navy A45. I have a wilderness green SE that looks good with it too!
          Looks awesome! Dang, I was gonna buy that 1050 Navy A45 but i was holding out for a 1050 coyote A45 or now I'd take a 45L 1050 coyote technonaut :cool:
          Seeking Verde Aeronauts

Comment

Working...
          X