Everyday Cubelet Maiden Voyage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everyday Cubelet Maiden Voyage

I'm actually planning to pre-pack my Aeronaut 30 and Side Kick before my end-of-July wedding trip to see how everything fits and take some photos, which will likely be more interesting; but I haven't had time yet, so here's a mini-review of my first trip out with the Everyday Cubelet.

Sunday we took a quick walk along one of the neighborhood nature trails nearby, so I grabbed the new Cubelet. Granted it wasn't a long enough walk to make use of most of the contents, but I wanted to see how it would carry -- ultimately this would be my bag for a full day of walking around downtown or through a theme park or zoo, that sort of thing.

Contents:
    • My keys on a keystrap, so they weren't jangling around in my shorts pocket while walking
    • Anker pocket charger, plus a Lightning cable for iPhones
    • Eyeglasses case (blue)
    • My older AirPods
    • Sunblock
    • Hand sanitizer
    • Tiny notepad and pen for emergency notes
    • Minimalist first aid kit (2 band aids, 2 alcohol wipes, 1 packet antibacterial gel)
    In my pockets I had my iPhone, my new minimalist wallet, and a bottle of water.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4600.jpeg
Views:	381
Size:	2.55 MB
ID:	333333 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4601.jpeg
Views:	262
Size:	5.21 MB
ID:	333334

Two things missing: I'd normally have a tiny travel bottle of Ibuprofen, but my doctor told me to switch to Tylenol, and I hadn't bought a travel bottle of that before the trip. And I'd typically have a MicroUSB cable as well.

I found I could also fit my Kindle Paperwhite as well … I wasn't planning to do heavy reading during a half hour nature walk. :) But good to know in case I ever plan a day where I'll be spending some time on a bus or train or otherwise need to kill a little time and don't want to rely on my phone. Otherwise I'll see over time and successive trips if there's anything else I want to add or remove.

Overall, though, I like it so far! Good construction of course, and the tiny, slender shoulder strap is perfect since the cubelet can only physically carry so much weight. About the only thing I'd change, I kinda wish the interior organization pockets were OPPOSITE the external zipper pocket, rather than back-to-back with it, but that's pretty minor. Can't wait to take out the Side Kick soon and do my first air travel with the Aeronaut … and of course, really looking forward to my Cafe Bag pre-order coming in. :)
    ---
    My Bags: Burnt Orange Medium Cafe BagSide Kick Aeronaut 30
    Canary Large Shop Bag Aubergine Everyday Cubelet
    With: Island Packing CubesTravel Tray Cubelet Dawn Wallet

Originally posted by Cooner View Post
    About the only thing I'd change, I kinda wish the interior organization pockets were OPPOSITE the external zipper pocket, rather than back-to-back with it, but that's pretty minor.
    Its probably designed that way for ease/efficiency of construction... if you look, you'll see that the material is shared between the external and internal pockets - sort of like the whole bag is 3 layers vs it would be 4 layers if they were on opposite sides.

Also, if you're interested, the Nalgene 16oz bottle can fit inside the EC - it takes up about half the interior space.
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Comment

Working...
    X