Birthday Surprise! MCB & OLSB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Birthday Surprise! MCB & OLSB

As luck would have it, the bags I preordered months ago arrived on my birthday! What a treat! I received a canary Original Large Shop Bag and a burnt orange Medium Cafe Bag. (Ironically, the MCB was THE THING I first wanted to order when I discovered Tom Bihn early this year, but it's the last of a half dozen items I've received!) XD

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4655.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	2.40 MB ID:	334156
    The Shop Bag looks great. I got it for beach trips and picnics though, so it may be some time before I can put it through its paces.

As for the Medium Cafe Bag … so far it looks pretty much like what I wanted! Something flatter and simpler than the small canvas backpack I've been using. The size and organization look just about right. Here's a selection of stuff I'll typically have on me when I go to work in a coffeeshop for the day:

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4656.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	2.28 MB ID:	334157
    Clockwise from upper left: My Bullet Journal and a pen; an easel stand for my iPad that folds flat; a bottle of Tylenol or Ibuprofen; USB-C, MicroUSB, and Lightning charge cables; a USB/USB-C wall charger; reading glasses in a hard case; a special Procreate bluetooth keypad; 12.9" iPad Pro with Pencil; 12" Macbook; and a standard Magic Keyboard.

Notes: • I forgot to include my Airpods Pro in the photo, but they fit into the bag as well. • I USUALLY bring EITHER the MacBook OR the iPad depending on what I plan to do, but it's nice to know I can fit both if I need to. • Also, depending on the day, I may leave the Magic Keyboard at home and replace the orange iPad cover with the iPad Magic Keyboard instead. (If I'm mostly writing on the iPad the Magic Keyboard is better, but it doesn't sit at the right angle for drawing, so if I'm mostly drawing I'll put it on its foldable stand with the standard Keyboard connected via bluetooth.)

And everything fits, with a little room to spare!
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4657.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	2.67 MB ID:	334155
    The Bullet Journal slips into the back pocket; the charger and eyeglasses case and pen fit into the interior organization pockets; the Lightning and microUSB cables as well as the Tylenol go into a mini Ghost Whale Pouch which slips into the front zipper pocket along with the longer USB-C cable and the keypad and Airpods; the stand and whatever iPad/Macbook/keyboard combination I'll be wandering with all stack in the main compartment. I did get the ultrasuede shoulder pad too; I'll probably end up cutting off the plastic shoulder strap soon.

I managed to wrap up a little freelance work to send to a client just before UPS showed up; since it's my damn birthday, I'm gonna go head to a coffee shop for a couple hours for a trial run with the Cafe Bag. Everyone have a great day! And thanks, Tom Bihn crew! ❤️
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Cooner; 07-20-2021, 12:09 PM.
    ---
    My Bags: Burnt Orange Medium Cafe BagSide Kick Aeronaut 30
    Canary Large Shop Bag Aubergine Everyday Cubelet
    With: Island Packing CubesTravel Tray Cubelet Dawn Wallet

Update: Nice. :D

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4659.jpeg
Views:	152
Size:	2.88 MB
ID:	334175
    ---
    My Bags: Burnt Orange Medium Cafe BagSide Kick Aeronaut 30
    Canary Large Shop Bag Aubergine Everyday Cubelet
    With: Island Packing CubesTravel Tray Cubelet Dawn Wallet

Comment

Awesome stuff. Happy birthday!

Comment

Happy Birthday! I remember waiting months for my S30 and was so happy the day it arrived. I only own one accessory in Burnt Orange (super mini GWOP) and it's a color I absolutely fell in love with.

Comment

Working...
        X