Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,770   Posts: 190,603   Members: 6,653   Active Members: 262
Welcome to our newest member, bulletproofcharm.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Andy Modell Performs Torture Capacity Test on Techonauts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Andy Modell Performs Torture Capacity Test on Techonauts

Yet another way to test the available volume (and durability) of Techonauts and Aeronauts:

Following up with his actual review, pack outs and a couple of mild criticisms:

Is anyone else bothered by how wide these bags tend to look (from the side) when fully loaded?

Comment

Originally posted by ayazgood View Post
      Following up with his actual review, pack outs and a couple of mild criticisms:

Is anyone else bothered by how wide these bags tend to look (from the side) when fully loaded?
      I'm glad he followed up with an actual review of the bags, it was pretty good to get an idea of the sizes ... overall I'm not too worried on the sizes, I think they'll be great for "big" packing, i.e., a longer trip where you're storing in the overhead or road trip.

I've never been a one-bag traveller, though I understand the allure, so my TN of either size would always go in the overhead, and backpack mode is usually just for airports or getting up to the hotel room so there it wouldn't be a problem

Comment

They are the same size as the aeronauts, so somehow the lines of the techonauts make them look larger than they really are (in side profiles). It's also possible they barrel out a bit more, especially in halcyon. This was the first video where someone actually showed how much effort it took to stuff the shoulder straps into their holes.

Comment

Originally posted by ayazgood View Post
          They are the same size as the aeronauts, so somehow the lines of the techonauts make them look larger than they really are (in side profiles). It's also possible they barrel out a bit more, especially in halcyon. This was the first video where someone actually showed how much effort it took to stuff the shoulder straps into their holes.
          It'll be interesting to see how the design works stuffed full, though I've ordered a 1050 ballistic for this first batch so maybe I won't know!

One thing I liked about the halcyon aeronauts is the design stretched a bit but really held its shape well under load so there was no bulging or bowling ball shape.

Here's a pic of my A45 stuffed about as full as it's ever been and that only forced it to hold its shape more:

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          X