Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,770   Posts: 190,602   Members: 6,653   Active Members: 262
Welcome to our newest member, bulletproofcharm.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another Techonaut Review, and How to Use the Bottom Pocket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Techonaut Review, and How to Use the Bottom Pocket

Continuing my job of posting 3rd party reviews - lots of pics of black 400d A30. Discussion of how to use the bottom pocket and where to keep your toiletries. Personally, I would lean to putting a packing cube with clothes in the bottom pocket, and dirty clothes pouch as they collect. Using it for just shoes seems like a waste of space. Or I could unzip the bottom pocket, letting stuff in the main pocket push in as much as needed, and keep both a shoe pouch and dirty clothes pouch in the bottom pocket (filling it up over time). Here's the review:
    https://www.allspoken.com/2021/07/to...-aeronaut.html

Great review!

Comment

Nice review, thanks! I'm really glad to see people describing the Techonaut as a new member of the family, and not a replacement for the Aeronaut. I only got my Aeronaut 30 a few months ago, and really like it so far! The Techonaut seems like a really nice new option, although for me … (1) Even though I've been wearing the A30 as a backpack when zipping thru airports, I prefer my bag to LOOK like a duffle when I get to my destination, plop it on the bed or a chair and start to unpack; (2) I think of the bag in horizontal terms and like the accessibility and symmetry of the U-shaped opening for the main compartment in the middle with the two extra compartments to either side; and (3) I probably wouldn't use the laptop compartment. If I'm doing true one-bag minimalist travel for fun I'll usually just bring my iPad Mini which fits anywhere; if I do need to bring my larger iPad Pro or Macbook for work, I prefer to carry it in a separate personal item (currently my MCB; considering maybe ordering a Co-Pilot as well) and then have that second bag to carry it around when I'm at my destination.

So yeah, thanks for the honest pro/con comparison between the Techonaut and the Aeronaut, I really appreciate it!
      ---
      My Bags: Burnt Orange Medium Cafe BagSide Kick Luminary 15Co-Pilot Aeronaut 30
      Canary Large Shop Bag Dawn Large Shop BagAubergine Everyday Cubelet
      With: Island Packing CubesTravel Tray Cubelet Dawn Wallet

Comment

Working...
      X