Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,580   Posts: 188,314   Members: 6,539   Active Members: 284
Welcome to our newest member, tam017.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Burnt Orange Family Photo!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Burnt Orange Family Photo!

I got my latest TB package dropped off today, so I couldn't resist taking a quick family photo of the whole gang!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4766.jpeg
Views:	721
Size:	3.37 MB
ID:	335820

Locally, the Medium Cafe Bag is for working in coffee shops with my 12.9" iPad Pro or 12" Macbook, and the Everyday Cubelet is for walking around downtown or somewhere and just needing my pocket charger, sunscreen, sunglasses, and a few other essentials. For broader options, tho, based on my pre-pandemic, pre-TomBihn travel, I kind of envision this as an interchangeable travel suite with a few modes …

1. Basic Minimalist One-Bag: Pack the Aeronaut 30. Clothes in the main compartment, toiletries and chargers in one side compartment. The other side compartment holds the Side Kick with my iPad Mini, Kindle, etc. … easily extractable during a flight or at my destination. (I packed like this for two weeks in Japan, just with different, lower-quality bags.)

2. Convention Travel: When I'm working a con, I'll pack the Aeronaut+Side Kick as above, and also have my little underseat rollerbag full of my con supplies as my second carryon.

3. Working Trip Light: If I plan to do some work while I'm on the road, I'll pack the Aeronaut 30 with clothes, toiletries, chargers; then pack the Cafe Bag as I would to go to a coffee shop, and bring that as my personal item.

4. Working Trip Heavy: If I need to carry just a bit more, I'll pack the Aeronaut 30 with clothes, toiletries, chargers; and pack the Co-Pilot with my big iPad or Macbook, and any other stuff I need for that particular trip, work-related or otherwise.

5. Ultra-Minimalist Travel: If I'll only be gone a day or two, I'd love to try packing a couple days worth of clothes and toiletries into the Co-Pilot. Travel with with that as my only bag, or, optionally, bring along the Cafe Bag, Side Kick, or Cubelet as a secondary bag.

That's the plan, anyway! So far I did take that wedding trip at the end of July with mode 3: Six nights/sevel days worth of clothes in the Aeronaut and the Cafe Bag with my iPad so I could see some friends and hang out in coffee shops like in the old days, and it worked pretty well. I'm really hoping as the pandemic subsides and I have time and opportunity I'll be able to travel again more, definitely looking forward to it … and see how things work, if I need to make any adjustments to my packing plans here. And when I do make more trips I'll see if I can post some packing inventories and photos if anyone's interested.
    ---
    My Bags: Burnt Orange Medium Cafe BagSide Kick Co-Pilot Aeronaut 30
    Canary Large Shop Bag Dawn Large Shop BagAubergine Everyday Cubelet
    With: Island Packing CubesTravel Tray Cubelet Dawn Wallet

What a fun photo! Burnt Orange is my go-to color for accessories. Would love to see your Co-Pilot setup later on.

Comment

What a great setup! 🧡

Comment

My own orange family: A30, medium and small Café bags.

Comment

Working...
        X