Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,493   Posts: 187,443   Members: 6,454   Active Members: 329
Welcome to our newest member, bored_and_agitated.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coming full circle - Ristretto from eBay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coming full circle - Ristretto from eBay

The Ristretto for iPad was my first Tom Bihn bag, back in 2010. I still love that bag! Years later, when I bought a new laptop, the Ristretto 13" had come and gone, so I settled on a Daylight Briefcase instead (which I still use today).

And then I spotted this Ristretto on eBay and couldn't resist ... The description didn't say which size it was - turns out it's the 13" version. The Absolute Shoulder Strap that came with it shows some wear but the bag itself looks as good as new. And it's huge compared to the iPad version. My 12" MacBook almost disappears in that built-in cache.

Does anyone know the material the Ristretto for iPad was made of? The 13" version is clearly Ballistic, but I've only realised in comparing the two now that the iPad version is more cloth-like. The old packing slip only says "Black/Wasabi".

I can't tell the story of my Ristretto for iPad without sharing these pictures ... This is what you get after 5 years of daily "metal on metal" (with the Absolute Shoulder Strap rubbing against the original metal rings on the Ristretto) :eek:

It was of course repaired and now sports the plastic connectors :heart_eyes:

Comment

I think that's 500d Cordura Wasabi, but moriond would know

ETA: there was just recently a short discussion about 500d Wasabi in the Grab Bag thread
      https://forums.tombihn.com/forum/tom...021#post336021
      Last edited by G42; 09-11-2021, 06:07 AM.
      I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Comment

I don't suppose there's any chance of the Ristretto having one more production run...
        Everyday carry (2 mile walk to work) is an SG23. Fantastic bag.

Comment

Working...
        X