Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,580   Posts: 188,313   Members: 6,539   Active Members: 284
Welcome to our newest member, tam017.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tray Bien Review

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Tray Bien Review

    I posted a very short review of the Tray Bien. This is an experiment, for me, in using Blogger, so I would appreciate feedback on whether or not the link works correctly and if there are any formatting issues.
    Thanks so much!
    Last edited by bchaplin; 11-23-2021, 07:21 AM.
    ----
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
    Edmund Burke

    #2
    Your link goes directly to the landing page for blogger, not to your thing. The link gets truncated to: blogger.com/dashboard/reading

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by Bogiesan View Post
      Your link goes directly to the landing page for blogger, not to your thing. The link gets truncated to: blogger.com/dashboard/reading
      I just fixed it.... long learning curve for me. If you refresh and view my post does it work now?
      ----
      All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
      Edmund Burke

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by bchaplin View Post

        I just fixed it.... long learning curve for me. If you refresh and view my post does it work now?
        yes ma’am it links now 🙂

        "Not all who wander are lost"
        "Love people, use things, because the opposite never works" - The Minimalists
        Synapse 25 in Olive, Aubergine Side Effect, UV A30 PCBP, Sitka PCSB

        Comment


          #5
          Nice short review! I wish I needed one but my at-the-office desk is already neat, and my at-home desk is too messy to be contained by a couple of trays :p

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by sarah_atx View Post
            Nice short review! I wish I needed one but my at-the-office desk is already neat, and my at-home desk is too messy to be contained by a couple of trays :p
            I have the opposite issue. There are not enough trays in the world to fix my desk at work; it's like an archaeological dig.
            ----
            All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
            Edmund Burke

            Comment


              #7
              I love the blog format. I just peeked at your OSCA review too. Both are wonderful reviews. Thank you! Will you use the blog frequently to review things (TB things and other stuff)? I will bookmark and check back regularly, if so:)

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by nsh View Post
                I love the blog format. I just peeked at your OSCA review too. Both are wonderful reviews. Thank you! Will you use the blog frequently to review things (TB things and other stuff)? I will bookmark and check back regularly, if so:)
                Ha ha, thanks! I'm still fine-tuning the OSCA one; I'm a really slow writer. So I haven't linked to it yet. I may continue to use the blog. I find it easier in some ways because I can keep a post in draft mode while I work on it. I'll have to think about what to do with that online space, in terms of interspersing other subjects.
                ----
                All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
                Edmund Burke

                Comment


                  #9
                  A review requires more photos of your own to illustrate the real world situations and tests you should be conducting and documenting, especially those that reveal flaws. Otherwise, all you've got is an obsequious unboxing without the usual meaningless video of wrapping materials and tags.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Bogiesan View Post
                    A review requires more photos of your own to illustrate the real world situations and tests you should be conducting and documenting, especially those that reveal flaws. Otherwise, all you've got is an obsequious unboxing without the usual meaningless video of wrapping materials and tags.
                    It's a shallow, fabric-covered box into which you place things. There is only so much one can say.

                    I gave an example of the one use to which I'm putting it, which I believe may fit a use case of others in this forum as well. If anyone has specific questions I'm happy to answer them, as I did on the BST FB group, when someone asked about the corners and I made a little video to demo my response.
                    Last edited by bchaplin; 11-24-2021, 03:51 PM.
                    ----
                    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
                    Edmund Burke

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by bchaplin View Post
                      It's a shallow, fabric-covered box into which you place things. There is only so much one can say.

                      I gave an example of the one use to which I'm putting it, which I believe may fit a use case of others in this forum as well. If anyone has specific questions I'm happy to answer them, as I did on the BST FB group, when someone asked about the corners and I made a little video to demo my response.
                      Quite true. I mean, even Tom and I found it tough to say a whole lot about the Tray Bien in its description (though I love the four that I have) and you know us, our descriptions are usually... quite long and creative.

                      We shared the link to your review with Kat, Cody, and Matthew in CS: the photo in particular will be helpful for answering the questions and requests about what fits in the Tray Biens and requests for photos of other bags side-by-side with them (or in this case, other bags in them.) It's prob hard to upload the video here because it needs to be a url, eh? If you'd like to send it to [email protected] we could upload it so it can be linked!





                      Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

                      Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Thank you for your review bchaplin! and yes, it's just a tray, but I still love the look and feel and I also got it in Boreal (by courtesy of Tom Bihn). My instant use was for all of the cables and chargers that are usually free floating on my desk. Other trays would work as well but this one reminds me that there is live outdoors worth visiting :)

                        Forgot to say: This is the large version of the Tray Bien....

                        Click image for larger version  Name:	800_0250_DxO11_2021.jpg Views:	4 Size:	172.2 KB ID:	337444

                        Click image for larger version  Name:	800_025111_2021.jpg Views:	4 Size:	228.8 KB ID:	337445
                        Last edited by bartleby; Yesterday, 01:52 PM.
                        ...spread joy in your neighbourhood (and not Corona!)
                        current bags: Smart Alec, Guide's Pack, Guide's Edition S25, Luminary 15, Daylight Backpack, Aeronaut 45, Tri-Star, Road Buddy 36, Daylight Briefcase, Small Yeoman Duffel, bits and pieces

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X