Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,492   Posts: 187,421   Members: 6,445   Active Members: 334
Welcome to our newest member, Ironaztek.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Cat in the Bag

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    The Cat in the Bag

    This morning when my husband was looking around for his razor, he remembered that it was still in his Aeronaut from our out-of-town trip over Labor Day weekend (you can see his little Ziploc bag where the razor was in, in one of the side pockets).

    He plopped the Aeronaut on the bed and left it there.

    Shortly thereafter, our cat, Pixel, found the bag on the bed (since cats are curious!), and she found her own use for it!

    Oh and that zippered inside flap that Tom cleverly designed so you could leave the flap open on your travels? Pixel says it makes a good pillow.


    #2
    That is adorable! Good thing you had a camera near by to capture Pixel's pose. (Imaginative and appropriate name for a photogenic cat too!)
    "Buy the best, cry once" - Pasquale

    Comment


      #3
      I took the picture with my iPhone, which is always somewhere nearby (like my pocket)!

      Pixel is a black cat with a pure white undercoat. She has some "striping" on her fur that's very hard to see because it's mostly black, but when you part her fur, it's all white underneath. The really neat part about that is that she appears very expressive because you can see her "eyebrows" moving (when she moves her eyebrow muscles, you can see the white fur underneath shift a bit). The only bad thing is that if you wear dark clothes, the white section of her fur still shows up on your clothing, and when you wear light clothes, the dark part of her fur still shows up.... so we always look like we've got cat fur on our clothes. We have lots of lint brushes around the house. lol

      PS: We named her Pixel because when we got her as a kitten, she was so tiny, and she looked like a single black pixel (ya know, like the kind that start showing up when your monitor's old?"). Oh, and hubby is a big SF buff and there is a cat named Pixel in one of Heinlein's books.
      Last edited by Lani; 09-10-2011, 12:54 PM.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by Lani View Post

        Oh and that zippered inside flap that Tom cleverly designed so you could leave the flap open on your travels? Pixel says it makes a good pillow.
        New definition for the term "Cat Flap."
        Editor--One Bag, One World: News, Reviews & Community for Light Travelers.

        Aeronaut(2), Tri-Star(2) Cadet , Large Cafe Bag, Travel Tray, Travel Money Belt, Absolute Straps(3), Side Effect, Clear Quarter Packing Cubes (2), 3D Organizer Cubes (4), Aeronaut & Tri-Star Packing Cubes, Clear Organizer Wallet, numerous Organizer Pouches,, Guardian Dual Function Light, Vertical Netbook Cache, Nexus 7 Cache, RFID Passport Pouch, numerous Key Straps.

        Comment


          #5
          Lani,

          Is Pixel's fur pattern what prompted you to experiment with coloring your black Dynema packing cube shoulder bag? I really like the looks of both.

          Susan

          Comment


            #6
            Oh I never even thought about that, SusanM!

            Comment


              #7
              Pixel is adorable!!!!!
              http://www.tombihn.com
              1-800-729-9607 (US & Canada) 360-452-0115 (other countries)
              Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Lani View Post
                This morning when my husband was looking around for his razor, he remembered that it was still in his Aeronaut from our out-of-town trip over Labor Day weekend (you can see his little Ziploc bag where the razor was in, in one of the side pockets).

                He plopped the Aeronaut on the bed and left it there.

                Shortly thereafter, our cat, Pixel, found the bag on the bed (since cats are curious!), and she found her own use for it!

                Oh and that zippered inside flap that Tom cleverly designed so you could leave the flap open on your travels? Pixel says it makes a good pillow.


                Looking at this again makes me think the Aeronaut makes a great travel cat bed :).
                http://www.tombihn.com
                1-800-729-9607 (US & Canada) 360-452-0115 (other countries)
                Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

                Comment


                  #9
                  I plan on getting an Aeronaut for my cat! He doesn't travel as light as I do, so he needs the bigger bag! :)
                  "Buy the best, cry once" - Pasquale

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Well guess what? Hubby and I are heading down to Anaheim this weekend, and my husband brought out his Tri-Star (yes, he has both an Aeronaut AND a Tri-Star! He's well-trained), and he plopped his empty Tri-Star on the bed.

                    He then went around to gather up some stuff to pack, and when he got back to the bed, what does he find?

                    Pixel.

                    She has discovered yet ANOTHER bag to turn into a bed!!

                    Hubby just emailed me this (he's working from home today). He had no idea I took the other photo of her in the Aeronaut, so this is rather amusing.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by Lani View Post
                      Well guess what? Hubby and I are heading down to Anaheim this weekend, and my husband brought out his Tri-Star (yes, he has both an Aeronaut AND a Tri-Star! He's well-trained), and he plopped his empty Tri-Star on the bed.

                      He then went around to gather up some stuff to pack, and when he got back to the bed, what does he find?

                      Pixel.

                      She has discovered yet ANOTHER bag to turn into a bed!!

                      Hubby just emailed me this (he's working from home today). He had no idea I took the other photo of her in the Aeronaut, so this is rather amusing.


                      EEeeee!!! Hilarious! Pixel has such great taste :).

                      At least pixel is interested in the bags instead of laying on top of your laptop :). Have fun in Anaheim!
                      http://www.tombihn.com
                      1-800-729-9607 (US & Canada) 360-452-0115 (other countries)
                      Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X