Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,636   Posts: 189,031   Members: 6,622   Active Members: 300
nels
Forum Member
Welcome to our newest member, nels.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Aeronauts and Smart Alec Travel to the Philippines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    Shiva
    Forum Member

• Shiva
    replied
    lovely lovely pictures..and the Two Sisters Islands look amazing.
    Your first picture of the Smart Alec--the bungee cords in front are white...Flash?! but it did look good though!
    the Osprey rain cover: what size did you get? I have a Smart Alec too--and so wish it had an integrated rain cover...that is still my wish list for TB...

Leave a comment:

• papids2000
    Forum Member

• The Aeronauts and Smart Alec Travel to the Philippines

Just got back from a trip to the Philippines with the Aeronaut and the Smart Alec as our only bags
    we took along. I was actually able to stow the Smart Alec in the Aeronaut I carried so we only had to carry one bag through security. This was much more relaxed and the bags still fit in all the
    overhead bins except on one of the Philippine domestic flights.

The Smart Alec became our only daypack for daily trips. When we travelled to Palaui Island I used an Osprey rain cover for the Smart Alec as it was raining that day and also the ocean spray from the waves that hit the boat made sure we all were wet. I also used the Bihn Packing Cube Backpack on the inside of the Smart Alec to pack all the cameras and phones and everything stayed completely dry.

We used the backpack method on the Aeronauts when walking through the airports and then stowed the straps when boarding the plane so it was easy stowing in the overhead bins compared to oversized carryon bags I observed other passengers trying to stow.

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1060193.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	403.4 KB
ID:	308780

At the airport waiting.

Name:	P1060255.jpg
Size:	554.5 KB
ID:	308781

At the Engano Lighthouse on Palaui Island

Name:	P1060256.jpg
Size:	572.4 KB
ID:	308782

In the background the Two Sisters Islands.

Name:	P1060273.jpg
Size:	699.8 KB
ID:	308783

Our guide and a brief history of the lighthouse.

Name:	P1060276.jpg
Size:	436.8 KB
ID:	308784

Our transportation to the Island.
Working...
X