Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,582   Posts: 188,361   Members: 6,552   Active Members: 301
Welcome to our newest member, MerryAlcal.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Western Flyer = AWESOME

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Badger
    replied
    Jenne, I'm insanely jealous of all your travels.

Leave a comment:

• Jenne
    replied
    Great harness! I have actually tied my child to me, though he was a bit of a mommy's boy so it probably wasn't entirely necessary, and I have to say that is a very creative and colorful way to do it!

Re: original post, I still love my WF, though for some reason I have felt compelled to bring so much junk that I just can't fit into one any more! I'm hoping by the time I go to the UK and Ireland in the spring, I can do it all with an underpacked WF.

Leave a comment:

• Janine
    replied
    @dorayme, that harness is awesome and you are awesome for making it! Please thank Zuri for indulging me! Love it!

Leave a comment:

• backpack
    replied
    Zuri is indeed a good sport and as beautiful and gentle as her gorgeous Mom.

Thank You for sharing Dorayme, just precious.

Leave a comment:

• Maria
    replied
    Dorayme! You are so creative! And the children have imaginations too. God bless you all!

Leave a comment:

• TavaPeak
    replied
    Originally posted by dorayme View Post
    You just had to ask if it had been done. . .
    ROFL! Zuri is such a good sport. You could just pick her up by the 5-point star in the back and clip her to a bag! Or trade out an Absolute strap on the lower part for a springy bungee ride. ;-) Great for keeping track of swift toddlers. My elder son is taller than I am now, but I remember when he was a little Houdini on wheels.

Leave a comment:

• dorayme
    replied
    Originally posted by Janine View Post
    Ha! So, when can we expect a picture of the child harness fashioned from key straps? ;-)
    You just had to ask if it had been done. . .

Zuri reports that it's actually quite comfortable

and despite the fact that I would NEVER actually tie my children to me, unless they were in a sling, the multi color (wasabi, cayenne, plum, black) and adjustable strap length (SE strap) made for a rather convenient and light weight tether to my MCB :)

Janine, some of the things that you type have me rolling for hours. After I picked myself up off of the floor, I knew I had to at least try it!

For those who would duplicate, I cannot vouch for the safety, security, or wisdom of trying to reproduce this stunt. I did it just for giggles :)

Leave a comment:

• Janine
    replied
    Originally posted by TavaPeak View Post
    Come to think of it, the rings and extra-long key straps on the Tri-Star might have come in handy when I needed to tether my runaway-prone toddler. ;-)
    Ha! So, when can we expect a picture of the child harness fashioned from key straps? ;-)

Leave a comment:

• TavaPeak
    replied
    Africa! That must have been a wonderful, amazing trip!

And thanks for the vote of encouragement on keeping things orderly with the twins. I think Organizer Pouches and the various Packing Cubes have a lot of potential as baby organization products, but it's always nice to have validation. :-)
    The Africa trip was just chaotic. We took huge duffels of supplies for the conference and for the students we sponsor through Compassion International. My hotel room looked like an Office Max. But the Tri-Star kept my personal stuff organized.

It must be pretty chaotic to travel with twins! And the O-rings can be used to tether all those extra binkies and toys with loops. Come to think of it, the rings and extra-long key straps on the Tri-Star might have come in handy when I needed to tether my runaway-prone toddler. ;-)

Leave a comment:

• Janine
    replied
    SUPER SQUEEE! This thread got a shout-out in the blog because I'm a goofball! Whoo hoo! :-D

Leave a comment:

• Janine
    replied
    Originally posted by TavaPeak View Post
    Janine, I loved my Tristar on my trip to Africa this summer. Never had trouble getting it onboard (even with a 15# limit and overbooked planes). It was even better at the hotel - it kept everything so organized in a way-disorganized week. Thanks to the pockets and organizer pouches, I knew where everything was. What a great system. That will come in so handy with your little ones! Hope you have a great time.
    Africa! That must have been a wonderful, amazing trip!

And thanks for the vote of encouragement on keeping things orderly with the twins. I think Organizer Pouches and the various Packing Cubes have a lot of potential as baby organization products, but it's always nice to have validation. :-)

Leave a comment:

• Janine
    replied
    Originally posted by jaon View Post
    I never said I didn't believe you, just that it made me laugh. And I really really needed that laugh yesterday.
    Then I'm glad I could oblige. :-)

Leave a comment:

• jaon
    replied
    Laugh all you like, but why do you think they needed to move to a bigger factory? New machines, suuuuuure. The Zap-o-Matic 3000 is a machine.
    I never said I didn't believe you, just that it made me laugh. And I really really needed that laugh yesterday.

Leave a comment:

• TavaPeak
    replied
    Janine, I loved my Tristar on my trip to Africa this summer. Never had trouble getting it onboard (even with a 15# limit and overbooked planes). It was even better at the hotel - it kept everything so organized in a way-disorganized week. Thanks to the pockets and organizer pouches, I knew where everything was. What a great system. That will come in so handy with your little ones! Hope you have a great time.

Leave a comment:

• Janine
    replied
    Originally posted by jaon View Post
    Thank you so much. This made me laugh so much I had to stop reading for a few minutes to wipe glasses and such.
    Laugh all you like, but why do you think they needed to move to a bigger factory? New machines, suuuuuure. The Zap-o-Matic 3000 is a machine.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X