Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,821   Posts: 191,251   Members: 6,714   Active Members: 268
Welcome to our newest member, Nemad.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Family of Seven (plus one) Takes Tom to Boston

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lani
    replied
    I *LOVE* that your kids each have Synapses. Was that their main carry-ons? How easy that must have been! It's such a nice backpack that it looks balanced even on the smallest of your three kids that carried them. And you know they'll be able to continue using them over the years, since they won't fall apart.

On our flight home from Boston, there was a family of 7 (mom, dad, four kids and one baby), and all of the children carried rolling uprights. While that might at first SEEM convenient, watching them carry their rolling uprights was like watching LEGO blocks bumping into each other instead of clicking into place. One of the parents would have to hold their infant, and if they had to go to the counter, they couldn't also hold their own luggage.... so they'd get one of the older kids to help roll a second bag. Trying to carry TWO rolling uprights is NOT a pleasant experience, especially when you look like you're 10 years old! Had they all gone with Synapses and other carryable bags, I think they would've been able to travel much easier, like you guys did!

Thanks so much for sharing. :-)

Leave a comment:

• dmilem
    replied
    Thanks for your kind words everyone! We had a great trip....nerve wracking at times, but great none the less. We're a small town crowd and aren't used to mass transit trains and stand-still traffic.But there was so much to love in Boston...the Common, the Bunker Hill area with all the lovely brownstones, Old Ironsides, etc. Just when I started to feel comfortable, it was time to come back to my beloved Kentucky.
    My real question is...do I now qualify as a FOT?!

Leave a comment:

• brian
    replied
    Great pictures! I'd love to visit Boston again some day.

Leave a comment:

• maverick
    replied
    these pictures are just fabulous!! my favorite is of the kids at the aquarium!

Leave a comment:

• Katy
    replied
    These photos are amazing!

The first time I saw this thread title I had to do a double take, I thought it said "A family of seven (plus one) take one Tom to Boston" :)

Leave a comment:

• ncb4
    replied
    I absolutely love these photos! You have a beautiful family, and that picture where your older daughter is holding her younger sister is especially sweet. Scary about your TriStar though: your mom-mind was certainly elsewhere, making sure all your kids were safe.

Leave a comment:

• misterN
    replied
    Awesome pictures!

Leave a comment:

• backpack
    replied
    Just precious! Thank you for sharing those great pictures!

Leave a comment:

• dorayme
    replied
    Thanks for sharing. I ♥ this!

Leave a comment:

• Maria
    replied
    Congratulations on getting the whole family to travel like this, and what a tremendous relief to have found your misplaced Tristar! Phew! It makes a difference when the children can carry some of their own things, especially as the parents have enough to do already! Good for you!

Leave a comment:

• dmilem
    started a topic A Family of Seven (plus one) Takes Tom to Boston

A Family of Seven (plus one) Takes Tom to Boston

My husband and I returned Saturday from a Fall Break vacation to Boston with our five children and my husband’s sister. We flew from Louisville and connected to our flight to Boston in Baltimore. My husband carried his Aeronaut and a small Cafe bag. I carried my Tristar and a medium Cafe bag. Our three oldest children carried, among a few other things, Synapse’s. And, our girls took their new Field Journal Notebooks, which they received for their birthdays. I’m not going to bother listing by item the packing cubes and pouches that also made the trip. While I don’t have any photos of the bigger pieces or the Cafe bags, I’ll just say they performed admirably. I wound up using the Small Cafe bag for my camera and other items I need throughout the day. Having my wallet secured to the bag added tremendous piece of mind. However, I did find that there are hazards in choosing to go carry on only when I accidentally left my Tristar outside one of the airport bathrooms on the return home. I was about to board the plane when I realized I didn’t have it. I guess I was too busy counting heads! My husband did locate it but it was a close call and we were the last to board the plane.
    What a joy to have pieces that are comfortable to carry and fit an amazing amount of stuff. I do, however, have a few pictures of the Synapse’s and an FJN, which my youngest daughter insisted on carrying. On a side note, I found myself looking at the bags other people carry in the airport and for daily use. I must say, ours looked really good!
    Thanks Tom for making bags that look great, function well and are a pleasure to use!

Waiting for lunch

The Loves of My Life Waking in the Park. My husband is carrying our youngest son in a non-Tom backpack.

Whale Watching

On the USS Constitution

At the New England Aquarium
    Last edited by Darcy; 10-16-2011, 07:31 PM.
Working...
X