Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,531   Posts: 187,842   Members: 6,495   Active Members: 287
Welcome to our newest member, coorysmith.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brain Bag on its way around the world

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brain Bag on its way around the world

I am on my way around the world and thought I should post some pictures of my new Brain Bag in some interesting locations. The itinerary goes like this; London, Delhi, Manila, Bangkok, Hong Kong, and some various places in mainland China. I missed getting pictures in London and Delhi, I will do better from here on out.

Here is the first on from Manila, I will update as my location changes...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Brain Bag in Manila.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	93.1 KB
ID:	308809
    Manila, Philippines

wow! your trip sounds fantastic!

i'm loving this picture - it exudes a certain peacefulness.
    -m

Comment

This picture is stunning!
      http://www.tombihn.com
      1-800-729-9607 (US & Canada) 360-452-0115 (other countries)
      Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

Comment

Nice photo, and I agree with maverick--what a fantastic-sounding trip. If you have time at some point, can you tell us if you're one-bagging in the Brain Bag? Packing list?

Comment

Good bag choice. I have tried them all but always come back to the Brain Bag. It's just the best all around travel bag out there.

Comment

We just got back from Philippines to visit wife's family and had to spend 2 extra days in Manila due
            to flight cancellation from typhoon in Japan The Brain Bag is a good choice for light travel around the world. Built like a tank.
            Good luck on your trip.

Comment

Jpenrod, your trip sounds amazing. I agree with others, it sounds like the Brain Bag is an excellent choice. I'm confused by the photo though. Your BB looks like it's Linen, but I didn't know it was made in Linen, is it Olive and there is just a ton of light shining onto it?
              I really, really like TB Bags!

Comment

The BB is olive, the shot was done into the sun and I desaturated the image a bit. The bag has been quite a trooper so far, I also carry a Field Journal for sketching and collecting of ephemera. I wish I were traveling with just the BB but I am dragging along an old wheeled bag for carting home some parts and pieces from China. I have to say I love the versatility of the BB, it can be both big and small. I stuff it to top when in transit and then turn it into a day pack using the compressions straps when I need mobility. I plan on shooting a "contents" shot of what I am carrying once the sun comes up, I will post it soon. Oh, and thanks for all the nice comments...
                j.

Comment

This is an amazing photo: I love the wavy lines of the chair, and the desaturated colors. It gives the picture a kind exotic dreaminess.

Comment

What color is your Brain Bag?
                    Owner of: Brain Bag backpack (Black), Field Journal Notebook (Blue), Snake Charmer (Small, Orange), Super Ego briefcase (Black / Indigo / Steel) with Reflective Strip, Brain Cell (Steel), Horizontal Freudian Slip, various Organizer Pouches and Key Straps, and a Side Effect (Black / Wassabi) worn as a belt-style hip-pack.

Comment

Originally posted by MtnMan View Post
                      What color is your Brain Bag?
                      The BB is olive.

Comment

Update - Thailand

Made it to Thailand, flooding is not too bad here in Bangkok but is not good outside of town. Here are a couple of shots of my trusty friend enjoying a few dry days...

Name:	IMG_0290.jpg
Size:	98.9 KB
ID:	288005
                        Brain Bag quietly contemplating at Wat Po

Name:	IMG_0277.jpg
Size:	72.9 KB
ID:	288004
                        Brain Bag looking casual at a street side phone booth

Comment

Absolutely Stunning!

Comment

I'm jealous! A friend of mine is currently in Southeast Asia teaching ESL classes, sounds like he is having quite the experience. Great photos!

Comment

Working...
                            X