Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,496   Posts: 187,470   Members: 6,456   Active Members: 328
Welcome to our newest member, Hungry.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FOT travels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shopping with the FOT pouch

Okay, so here it is: the long-awaited shopping trip on which I would model the FOT pouch, taped to my head.

Guys, to be honest, I really dislike shopping at Hy-Vee, and I wasn't sure when I was going to go back this month. These photos, then, were all taken at the New Pioneer Food Co-op in Coralville.

Also: this trip took planning AND stealth! I had to remember the FOT pouch and the tape, and I had to risk running into people I know. As it turned out, I did narrowly miss one of my colleagues doing her weekly shop. I also had some lady ask Mrs B. what on earth I was doing.

First, the mise-en-place, if you will:

FOT pouch with Bartlett pears and seasonal gourd:

FOT pouch and Birds of Paradise:

FOT pouch taped to my head (face partially concealed by cheery organic marshmallows):

I swear by all that is holy you will never see my likeness on this forum again.

A few things I had to resist buying (no pics): coconut butter; Green and Black's sea salt and peanut chocolate; oysters; a 2-foot English cucumber that I thought was hilariously oversized.

Finally, here's a picture of Titus on his Not-A-Tardis-Yet-Still-Capacious-Corgi-Couch:

So there you have it! Shopping with the FOT pouch!

Next travels: FOT pouch goes to Madison, Wisconsin

Comment

Very cool Badger! Titus appears to be quite comfy in his corgi couch!
      http://www.tombihn.com
      1-800-729-9607 (US & Canada) 360-452-0115 (other countries)
      Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

Comment

Now I feel as though I must get a picture of my puppy and my FOT pouch together . . . but she's unlikely to sit still with something soft near her, and my pouch's decoration is almost worn off, since it's been pretty full the whole time I've used it since I got it. I'll see what I can do with some treats!

Comment

You made me smile this morning, Badger. I think my favorite photo is of you with the FOT Pouch attached to your forehead: very stealthy (in a Pink Panther or Get Smart sort of way). :D

Comment

Oh I want a dog! He looks so adorable in his Corgi-Couch!

Reading your post and the fun pictures - never heard of Green and Black's sea salt and peanut chocolate ....must find some!
            "Buy the best, cry once" - Pasquale

Comment

ncb4,
              I aim to please! I am the least photogenic person I can imagine, and the marshmallows are a huge improvement to my otherwise homely visage.

Maria,
              Green and Black's is amazing chocolate. They are an English company and make bars for eating and baking, and hot chocolate as well. I highly recommend it. You can buy it in most good organic or specialty shops in the US; their Canadian site is here.

Corgis are the bomb, I've gotta say; however, they are very stubborn and crafty, which makes corgi ownership a bit stressful and trying at times. Apparently they're becoming quite popular as pets now, but tell everyone you know that corgis are not always easy or naturally docile so people should think really carefully before they get one. You, of course, would be an awesome corgi owner (how do I know? You've kept that nasty cardboard box for your cat for what looks like years.

Comment

Originally posted by Badger View Post
                I swear by all that is holy you will never see my likeness on this forum again.
                That. Was. Awesome. Your picture kind of reminded me of that bunny with the pancake on its head. Thanks for coming through, even if it wasn't a Hy-Vee!

Comment

Originally posted by tCook View Post
                  That. Was. Awesome. Your picture kind of reminded me of that bunny with the pancake on its head. Thanks for coming through, even if it wasn't a Hy-Vee!
                  I've been compared to many things, but this one is kind of a first for me.

Glad you all liked the little photo essay! More pics to come!

Comment

I've been compared to many things, but this one is kind of a first for me.
                    It was meant in the so-ridiculous-it's-hilarious vein. :)

Comment

Well "bunny" isn't quite so far removed from "Badger"... :P

Comment

Originally posted by Just View Post
                        Well "bunny" isn't quite so far removed from "Badger"... :P
                        Humpph. Tom Bihn Badger begs to differ.

vs.

Tom Bihn Badger don't care.

Comment

Originally posted by Maria View Post
                          Oh I want a dog! He looks so adorable in his Corgi-Couch!

Reading your post and the fun pictures - never heard of Green and Black's sea salt and peanut chocolate ....must find some!
                          AHA! Now I know EXACTLY what to get you!

Comment

vs.

Comment

Oh goodness!

Comment

[/QUOTE]

vs.

Baby badgers slay undead cannibal bunny with cuteness.

Comment

Working...
                                X