Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,583   Posts: 188,382   Members: 6,554   Active Members: 308
Welcome to our newest member, Lucienk.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First day with my new Co-Pilot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dorayme
    replied
    My Light My Fire spork along with my handmade cloth napkin fits inside of my pen/pencil case.

Leave a comment:

• Walker
    replied
    The Light My Fire spork fits in the pencil case. The Light My Fire spork case also fits in the pencil case.

I bought mine (case & spoon is sold as set - matching colors) from Amazon. I was hoping to use the case to carry my titanium version of the spork. I thought it would be useful when there is no ready place to rinse the spork & I did not want to waste a drop of my drinking water to rinse it. It is not working as I hoped. The titanium spork has a more pronounced curve towards the spoon part. I tried "flattening" the spork but even so, the case gapes open on its sides when I force the spork into it.

I do not like the spork that came with the case. It feels & looks like plastic to me (the mango yellow color is pretty).

I also wash & re-use plasticware, until they break.

Leave a comment:

• backpack
    replied
    Do Spork's owners know if the utensil fits inside a Pen/Pencil Pouch?

Leave a comment:

• nukediver
    replied
    Ooh, gotta get me one of those!

Leave a comment:

• ceepee
    replied
    Spork Gorings .... the solution :)

Originally posted by Badger View Post
    Good point. There's nothing worse than being accidentally gored by your own spork.
    Light My Fire now do a case that holds 2 sporks, it even has a loop at one end that will accommodate the clip of a key strap :)

Last edited by ceepee; 11-27-2011, 02:03 PM.

Leave a comment:

• backpack
    replied
    I have always used some kind of portable metal utensils mostly metal to wash after use. I tried the practice with my delightful better half but that resulted in the loss of most of my dessert forks and spoons. I now clean and reuse the strong disposable fork and spoons that are provided with take out meals.

I think a couple of Sporks are in order but I would be happier if they made a version with a securing mechanism such as an hollow ring between the spoon and the fork to which a lanyard could be attached.

I also saw sets of durable plastic spoon/fork/knife in many colors which could be right up my alley.

Leave a comment:

• nukediver
    replied
    Originally posted by ncb4 View Post
    OK, this is a stupid question, but why do you all carry sporks around with you?
    @ncb4, One of my pet peeves is how wasteful we are as a society, and I'd much rather carry around my spork than use disposable plastic ware when I get takeout for lunch (which is often the case, since I'm on the road a lot). It's annoying that it's packaged as a set, and most times, people only use a spoon or a fork, then throw the rest away. Besides, I just love the word *spork* :-)

Leave a comment:

• Badger
    replied
    Originally posted by Jenne View Post
    I like to keep a spork with me in case the alternative is plastic-ware. One fewer piece of trash in the landfill. (I also keep food at work.)
    I also often carry my own chopsticks, too. Somehow I didn't get the genes that allow me to separate disposable chopsticks without rendering them unusable. I have a hashibako that holds the chopsticks and also a spoon; with those, I'm set for all office dining possibilities. I've had a titanium spork on my Amazon wish list forever, though--it's smaller.

and +1 on nukediver's mad packing skillz. I'm especially impressed that the bag doesn't looks like it's bulging with all that stuff in there.

Leave a comment:

• Jenne
    replied
    I like to keep a spork with me in case the alternative is plastic-ware. One fewer piece of trash in the landfill. (I also keep food at work.)

Leave a comment:

• ncb4
    replied
    OK, this is a stupid question, but why do you all carry sporks around with you? I could understand if you were bringing your own food, but nukediver didn't list anything like that in her list of stuff. (And boy, were you able to carry a lot in your Co-Pilot!)

Anyway, nukediver, I don't normally like black, but the contrast between the black and the Iberian Dyneema is so striking: I absolutely love it. The pouches you chose are perfect with it, of course. And even though I have a Co-Pilot myself, I remain amazed by how much you were able to pack in there, and still have room to spare. I hope you keep enjoying your new bag.

Leave a comment:

• Just
    replied
    I actually have the same spork in the same color! :D

Leave a comment:

• nukediver
    replied
    Good point. There's nothing worse than being accidentally gored by your own spork.
    Good grief, I leave the forum for a few hours and now we're discussing spork gorings :-o

And yes, I suppose it would be hard to find if it were red!

Leave a comment:

• Badger
    replied
    Originally posted by Just View Post
    While it'd match, I'm afraid she'd have a tough time finding it against the Iberian lining! :D

Leave a comment:

• Just
    replied
    I think you need to get a red spork.
    While it'd match, I'm afraid she'd have a tough time finding it against the Iberian lining! :D

Leave a comment:

• Badger
    replied
    That Timbuk2 iPad case coordinates really nicely with the Co-Pilot and Iberian OPs.

I think you need to get a red spork.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X